cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update standard table of one System from custom/internal table in another System

narendra_gupta1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a requirement to transfer records into standard table of one system(XYZ 000) from current system(ABC 100). I have to achieve this through ABAP report.

Details : I have to retrieve all records of table USER_DIR from System XYZ and store in a custom table in system ABC, then basis will refresh system XYZ from Production system .After refresh I have to delete all records from USER_DIR in system XYZ and upload data from custom table in ABC to USER_DIR in XYZ.

Here I am using FM RFC_READ_TABLE to retrieve data from USER_DIR in system XYZ and storing the same in a custom table in system ABC, but not sure how to upload data from system ABC to a standard table USER_DIR in another system XYZ.

Please help.

GK817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think question title could be “How to update table USER_DIR”.

Why don’t you download the data in a file and then upload the same to XYZ system rather than keeping it in ABC system.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

USER_DIR is a standard table ("Table used to store user def. directories to be used in al11"), and because it's a standard table you should be very careful when you update it directly.

RFC_READ_TABLE has many "bugs" (limitations to be nice). You should create a dedicated RFC function module with table USER_DIR hardcoded, rather than declaring a generic table name to avoid SQL injections! (otherwise you should use the class CL_ABAP_DYN_PRG to check the parameters).

Same thing for the update, you should also create a dedicated RFC function module.

narendra_gupta1
Explorer

Hi Gaurav/Sandra ..thanks for your responses. It would have been much simpler approach to download the data to file and upload the same for 1 table..I tried to simplify the requirement..my mistake!!

The actual requirement contains around 20 systems where data from around 30 tables(from each systems) need to be kept in ABC system before refresh activity is done to all 20 systems and after refresh the collected data needs to be copied back to the particular tables of corresponding systems. As this activity was done manually by basis team which required a lot of time and effort, hence current requirement is meant to overcome this issue.

Also I am using dedicated RFC for this requirement.but I am looking for a way to handle every thing from system ABC as per requirement.

I can successfully copies data to ABC but need a way to copy this data to required table of other systems from ABC.

DoanManhQuynh
Active Contributor

I think you could write a simple program in original system (XYZ) in which you call RFC_READ_TABLE in clone system (ABC) and directly update to table using SQL. for standard table, based on module there is may or may not have corresponding RFC to update it. btw, what you do look like a system refresh which i think should be cover by sap already it could be in Post-Copy Automation.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)