Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Keystroke activity to "paste" a String into a field

geigerp
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using the keystroke activity to copy a String into a field in SAP.

The value of the keystroke is as follows:

"01.01." + Step20.year(year is stored as a String and is verified to be correct, namely "2022", by printing out the value viathe Log Message activity)The output however, whats put into the field after executing the Keystroke mentioned, is different on each test run:

Any ideas?

Greetings,

Philipp

PS: Currently using a workaround using two Keystrokes with each one of the parts mentioned above.
m-feisst
Explorer

Hi geigerp
Is there a reason, why you use Keystroke? Can use use "Set Element"? I discovered, that sometimes mouse clicks and keystrokes are not working very well...

Kind regards,
Michael

geigerp
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi m-feisst,

yes, the reason I am using Keystroke instead of Set Element is, that Set Element is not working despite having Declared the correct element in the capture.

Keystroke (besides this weird behaviour described here) works better and usually more accurate than Set Element, while not directly designed for this use case.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

geigerp

geigerpAre you trying to copy-paste the value into SAP GUI application or the SAP Web GUI application?

Can you elaborate more on the recognition critieria that you have used since you have mentioned that Set element doesnot work for your scenario?

geigerp
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

the recognition criteria used are:

Text equals and Deepness.

Any suggestions for better criteria?