Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variance between dimension values in a column chart

aizhan_k
Explorer

Hello,

I need a help.

My setup:

There is a dimension "Production Stage" with three values: "Planning", "Production", "Realise". There is a measure "Cost".

Task is to build a column or waterfall chart that shows costs over production stages and variances between the stages (the screenshot below).

How can I get such setting in SAC?

Any help and tip is welcome.

Thank you and best regards,

Aizhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Nverhoeven
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Aizhan,

Using the setup as described, a column chart with added variance seems most fitting.

I've created an example where the measure is "Cost" and the dimensions are "prodStage" and "Date".

Lastly, I add the variance comparing current to previous period.

Putting it all in horizontal orientation makes it all easy to comprehend.

aizhan_k
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

thank you for your answer. Unfortunately your suggestion doesn't address my concern. In your solution the variance is derived over time dimension, between years. My case is to show the cost variances between subsequent production stages like in the following picture, no time periods involved. Is such scenario possible to obtain in SAC?

Best regards,

Aizhan

Nverhoeven
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Aizhan,

Understood, I'd first create a simple calculation to compare against "VarianceBase"

IF([d/"planPhase":ProdStage]="Production" ;ResultLookup(["planPhase":Cost] ;[d/"planPhase":ProdStage]="Planning" ) ;IF([d/"planPhase":ProdStage]="Realize" ;ResultLookup(["planPhase":Cost] ; [d/"planPhase":ProdStage]="Production" ) ;null ))

From there I can create the Variance like before: