cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing DMS Document in Screen Personas

Patrick_Gans
Participant

Hi there,

We are not having success viewing DMS documents from within Screen Personas. This is specifically for Maintenance Notifications (IW23) but I've also tested this using the view DMS document (CV04N). This does not work using the default (unmodified) flavor. It does work if I use the standard web gui. I've tried different document types, but this is typically either PDF or pictures of type jpg or png. I get the standard E: E::000 error.

Thanks!

Patrick

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Just to clarify: Are you using Slipstream Engine?

Patrick_Gans
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi tamas.hoznek , sorry I forgot to include that. Yes, we are using Slipstream Engine.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

This appears to be a known issue in Slipstream, for which there is a note in the works by the Document Management team:

3287670 - Viewing document in Personas Slipstream engine via CV02N/CV03N/CV04N fails

However, it is still in Pilot status. Once it gets released to customers, it should resolve the problem. If you want to be added to the pilot customer list to test how the solution works for you, create a support incident directed to component CA-DMS and they will be able to help you further with this.

Patrick_Gans
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Tamas, I will create an incident as we are interested in this functionality. Appreciate it! -Patrick

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member277111
Participant
0 Kudos

That's right Tamas, we went to SP14 as well upgraded to support pack 18 where there was changes to FM CV120_DOC_CHECKOUT_VIEW which caused this issue. We logged this issue under ticket 454579/2022 and SAP logged into our system observed the issue and went nowhere. We had this functionality already up and running in our Production system so we had to do the fix ourselves. Our temporary fix is working so we just wait when this note becomes available and stable.

former_member277111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

We faced this issue and logged it with SAP DMS Helpdesk and nothing came out of it. We faced this problem after upgrading in SP14, in lower SP version there was no issue for opening DMS in Slipstream because we were using it in lower SP version and then with SP14 implementation we got this error that you're highlighting. The worse part of it was that we could still save the DMS but we couldn't retrieve (i.e. display it).

We ended up creating an implicit enhancement to FM CV120_DOC_CHECKOUT_VIEW to display the DMS document using html viewer instead of CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES=>SHOW_DOCUMENT, the HTML viewer is used for non kpro documents.

Patrick_Gans
Participant
0 Kudos

The following released note solved our issue: 3287670 - Viewing document in Personas Slipstream engine via CV02N/CV03N/CV04N fails

-Patrick

former_member277111
Participant
0 Kudos

The note is not available I guess it's on limited release

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The note is currently being processed by the Document Management team. This issue is being actively worked on.
If you want access to the note right now, you too can ask the CA-DMS component to be put onto the pilot customer list.

The problem is not caused by upgrading Personas. I'm sure that some other component was also upgraded along with it, which changed the way these documents were displayed.