cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VS Code - Create adaptation project failed

tomas_wiedermann
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm creating Fiori adaptation project from VS Code but page "Select Systems" doesn't show available systems, which work for creation of new Fiori App, with error:

Converting circular structure to JSON --> starting at object with constructor 'Socket' | property '_httpMessage' -> object with constructor 'ClientRequest' --- property 'socket' closes the circle<br>

The @sap/generator-adaptation-project is on latest version "0.2.22".

VS Code show delayed error after a while:

{"message":"@sap/adaptation-project:app generator failed - process.on(uncaughtException) Unhandled error. ('Request timed out')","stack":"Error: Unhandled error. ('Request timed out')\n\tat new NodeError (node:internal/errors:371:5)\n\tat B.emit (node:events:515:17)\n\tat B.<anonymous> (/home/twiedermann/.vscode/extensions/sapos.yeoman-ui-1.10.1/dist/extension.js:2:2033709)\n\tat B.emit (node:events:538:35)\n\tat /home/twiedermann/.application_wizard/generators/node_modules/yeoman-generator/lib/index.js:1054:24"}<br>

Available systems:

Any help please?

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

same error here

Marian_Zeis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi tomas.wiedermann ,

i can not confirm this error. Does it work again?

tomas_wiedermann
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi 20eed143c19f4b82bc4cf049916102cb,

the error still occurs and was reproduces in 3 different installation (2x win, 1x linux).

The scenario is for adaptation of on-premise ABAP Fiori.

All installation uses latest VS Code, addons including yeoman, nodejs, etc.

Tested on clean windows and VS Code installation.

Marian_Zeis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, my mistake Tomas, i tested it on BAS.
As the answer from Hristo already says, it is currently only in BAS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hristotsolev
Advisor
Advisor

Hi,

At least for now, Adaptation Project extension is intended for usage only in SAP Business Application Studio and NOT in VSCode. We will definitely update the contents of the readme of the extension to mention this in order to avoid any further confusion.

It will be in future available for usage in VSCode, as marked in our roadmap: https://roadmaps.sap.com/board?BC=901B0ED1A0641EDAA3F5DF6872FEA0F0⦥=CURRENT-LAST#Q1%202023

Regards,

Hristo

OliverGraeff
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Update: Our engineering team is working on this topic and some features are completed as of today, while others are in process. Developing these, we align the adaptation projects more with the SAP Fiori tools to achieve a harmonized delivery & consumption experience and leverage synergies.

SAP is well aware of the priority of this topic for customers and strives to provide a reliable road map. We now communicate a planned availability of adaptation projects for VSCode for Q4 2023. This will also be reflected in the respective item of the SAPUI5 Road Map.

Thank you for your understanding.

Answers (0)