cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web IDE Bug: One or Two JS-libs + "Show Hidden Files" ==> "Maximum call stack size exceeded"

boghyon
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Web IDE version: 180524

Tested browsers:

• FAIL: Chrome, FF, Edge, IE11, Safari
  • OK: n/a

System:

• RAM: 8 GB, 16 GB

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a simple UI5 project from a template
  2. Add some thirdparty JS-libraries to the project (one might not be enough). For example: d3.js + c3.js.
  3. If not already done, enable showing hidden files by clicking on the eye button ("Show Hidden Files").
  4. Navigate to Project Settings > Code Checking > JavaScript
  5. No need to change anything there, just click on "Save" and close the panel. It creates two files: .eslintrc and .eslintrc.ext.
  6. Open a random JS file from the project (e.g. Component.js)
  7. Reload Web IDE
  8. Once reloaded, wait until Web IDE triggers JS validation in the opened Code Editor. You might need to edit the code if no validation is triggering.

Web IDE then tries to fetch the .eslintrc.ext file. Although it fetches the file successfully, it ends up reaching browser's maximum call stack size making Web IDE unresponsive.

==> Video

Any other information?

The user can either disable showing hidden files or restart the page with the URL query `/?settings=delete` in order to make Web IDE to work properly again. But as soon as "Show Hidden Files" is enabled again, the issue described above continues in the next session.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michal_keidar
Active Contributor

Hi Boghyon,

I've seen you also raised this on Slack.

We are looking into it.

Regards,
Michal.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thejk
Explorer

Hi, Boghyon,

I can confirm this. Happens even without Step 4 + 5.

Thanks a lot for your detailed description, without it I would never have found the reason why WebIDE stopped working.

Regards,

Jürgen