Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service Tester

francois_imberton
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma">Hello,</span> <p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma">I&#39;m attaching to this post a small utility called WSTester. It&#39;s a browser of web service. It was originally build to quickly learn about Business Objects Web Services API but you can actually use it with any SOAP compliant Web Service in particular with Query as a Web Service (QaaWS). I use it to see if a problem comes from query as a web service provider or from the service consumer.</span></p><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt" class="MsoNormal">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma">Along with WSTester.exe, attached zip contains a word document with step by step instructions to use it with QaaWS.</span></p><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt" class="MsoNormal">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma">WSTester is not a supported product but feedback is welcome on this forum.</span></p>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ted,

the zip appears to be empty.

Regards.

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Yes - SDN flushes content on zips within a day.

I just refreshed it, and it appears ok for now - please download, quickly.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francois...it looks like the attachment for WSTester.exe may have gotten lost in the conversion to the SAP forums from the Diamond forums. Is this utility available anywhere else?

Thanks,

Alan

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Alan,

This is Ted - I don't have the word doc, but do have the tool. I use it to check the SOAP messages sent back and forth from Web Services.

It's an internal tool - unsupported - but I use it regularly.

File -> New, enter the URL for the WSDL URL, then click "Retrieve"

There's been recent issues with downloads from SDN, so please do update if you can't download or the zip appears to be empty.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda