cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between RECCLIENT= "ALL" and r3transoptions = recclient = "ALL"

oschuetz
Explorer
0 Kudos

As far is i know both transport parameters togge the table data logging via transports. Do they log the same or is there a difference?

(RECCLIENT not to confuse with profile parameter rec/client)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ulrich_auer
Employee
Employee

"recclient" is an R3trans option that can be set (e.g. recclient="ALL") in order to record all changes on table entries for which the "table logging" feature is switched on. This table change log can be evaluated with the transactions OY18 or SCU3.

The R3trans options are controlled by the transport control program tp, therefore there's a transport profile parameter "recclient". Whenever this profile parameter is set, tp passes this value as R3trans option to R3trans. If you wish to switch on table logging for a certain system, you should set it as transport profile parameter.

The transport profile parameter "r3transoptions" is a possibility to set certain R3trans options that are unknown to the transport control program tp, i.e. for which no dedicated transport profile parameters are available. But concerning "recclient" it is not necessary to use this workaround.

oschuetz
Explorer
0 Kudos

I found SAP note 84052.

But i read again and i think both parameters do the same but works for different releases of SAP.

tom_wan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Normally we suggest set recclient in STMS->System view>Double one system>tab "transport tool":

Note 163694 - R3trans: Logging table changes

Where did you learn "r3transoptions = recclient = "ALL" ? I think they should be same, but I haven't tried it before.