cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find corresponding CDS View of "Custom Business Object" in S/4HANA 1610

Manjunath
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Dear Experts -

After I create a new "Custom Business Object" in S/4HANA 1610 Fiori Launchpad, I would need to know where is corresponding CDS view gets created? Is it in the Fiori-frond server or the ABAP backend? What is the process if it's in Fiori Frontend. and what is the process if it's in ABAP backend?.

FYI, I already knew (by following this link) how to add it is as an OData service in Fiori front-end and develop SAPUi5 app using SAP Web IDE.

I need to know where do I find the corresponding CDS view after I create "Custom Business Object".

THank you,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member596519
Participant

Hi Manjunath,

you can also check SE16N, Table TADIR, PGMID = 'R3TR', OBJECT = DDLS. This should give you all CDS-Views. The SQL-view name gets typically some random number like ZZ1_8283D.... Maybe you check for those that you've created.

but it is an interesting question, if you have an centrul hub deployment, I guess the CDS-View should be generated in the backend, but I am wondering, if there is a respective setting, where the Custom Business Object should be generated.

Best Regards,

Aleks

filipn
Active Participant

Each cds view has also sql view name.

You can find them on the backend server in SE11 if you enter sql view name, or in SE80 if you enter cds name or sql view name. They are read only. If you need to edit them, you have to use e.g. Hana Studio with ABAP Development Tools.