cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With Vora 2.0 having new architecture. How do I push data available in Hadoop to Vora ?

former_member197234
Participant
0 Kudos

With Vora 2.0 having new architecture. How do I push data available in Hadoop to Vora ?

- With Introduction of Vora 2.0 , I understand that vora has been decouple from being installed on Hadoop nodes. It has spark extensions that still need to be installed.

- How ill this new Vora architecture interact with Hadoop. How will I load petabytes of data from Hadoop to Vora ? Is there a batch job set up where in all new data loaded to Hadoop will be automatically be loaded to Vora ?

- I believe there are parallels between Amazon Snowflake and Vora. Please correct me on my understanding

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

architectSAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sainath,

The SAP Vora Spark Extension is part of the SAP Data Hub:

Best regards

Frank

former_member197234
Participant
0 Kudos

Here I found a link to load certain file formats into Vora using spark extensions

https://help.sap.com/viewer/0991e2320f5940d988ed32b995d28a44/2.1/en-US/e3c4faa9677a43feb7aa738a434fc...

architectSAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sainath,

One option would be to leverage the SAP Data Hub.

Best regards

Frank

former_member197234
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Frank

Thank you for your answer. If possible request you to kindly elaborate on the steps and scenarios

Thank you

architectSAP
Active Contributor

Hello Sainath,

If liked, you could have a look at my respective blog series:

Schedule complex Data Pipelines with the SAP Data Hub

Best regards

Frank

former_member197234
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the blog post link Frank . Very clearly explained .

so to add on to my earlier question ...What would a customer do if there is no data hub ? Will I be able to schedule regular data load jobs from Hadoop to Vora ?