cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XS Advanced not running on SAP HANA express edition in Google Cloud

ms1985
Explorer

I followed up all the steps of the tutorial "SAP HANA, express edition, in Google Cloud Platform Launcher"

so far so good, all works fine and the XSEngine is up and running under the given IP and Port 8090.

So I started to follow the next steps of the tutorial "How to prepare HANA, express edition environment for tutorials".

When I try to execute the command "xs login -u xsa_admin -p <password>" it looks like that xs is even not installed "If 'xs' is not a typo you can use command-not-found to lookup the package that contains it, like this: cnf xs".

So what's wrong? What else do I have to do? I thought that the SAP HANA Express Edition 2.0 comes with XSA pre-installed!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pfefferf
Active Contributor

The HXE edition on Google Cloud Platform is "only" a db server only image (as mentioned in the Disclaimer of your linked tutorial: https://www.sap.com/developer/tutorials/hxe-gcp-getting-started-launcher.html).

If you wanna use HXE with XSA, you have to download and install (on a local system or cloud provided infrastructure) the HXE edition including XSA.

Best Regards,
Florian