cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XSA: Apply a Custom Theme to Launchpad Site

Hello experts,

I'm landing into XSA and trying to apply a custom theme for a launchpad site module in XSA. The theme was created with the SAP UI Theme designer tool, exported in a zip file and then uploaded under my project folder for a Fiori Launchpad Site module.

The structure would be as follows, where "themes" subfolder contains the new theme "custom_belize_logo" :

Then, following SAP HANA Developer Guide for XSA's instructions for this topic https://help.sap.com/viewer/4505d0bdaf4948449b7f7379d24d0f0d/2.0.04/en-US/87658e2ad2334809a38535e055... I completed site-content.json with the new theme name:

"payload": {			
                           "sap.cloud.portal": {
				"_version": "1.2.0",
				"config": {
					"theme.id": "sap_belize_custom",
					"theme.active": "[\"sap_hcb\",\"sap_belize_plus\",\"sap_belize\", \"sap_belize_custom\"]"
				}
			}
	"siteThemes": {
		"sap_belize_custom": {
			"description": "SAP Belize Custom",
			"name": "custom_belize_logo",
			"path": "custom_belize_logo"
		}

Then within "routes" in xs-app.json:

{
		"source": "/themes/(.*)",
		"target": "$1",
		"localDir": "themes"
	}

However, when deploying to XSA I got the following error stating that themes is not a directory:

So I must be missing something obviously. I would appreciate a lot if you could point me out where I'm failing.

Thanks a lot for your time and assistance.

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

No comments, suggestions? 🙂

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

brad_smith5
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

It looks to me that you have the theme's folder in the wrong location. Try moving it to the following structure:

/launchpaddemo/launchpaddemo/resources/themes

Thanks,

Brad.

0 Kudos

Thanks Bradley, apologies for the late response. That did help, appreciated. Seems now like fonts in the new theme are not valid, may that have something to do with the fact that theme was exported from the UI Theme Designer in another system?

Thank you veyr much.

Regards,

Daniel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Gunter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Glad it helped Daniel, you can upvote both posts if you like by clicking on arrow beside the post. FLP site on HANA XSA is a bit of trial and error at times, as it requires deployment to test I haven't figured out a way to debug when searching an error. If someone knows, I would be interested.

Gunter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I would like to add a bit to the explanation of Brad. First, as the help states, the theme can be saved in e.g. a folder named themes under the fiori launchpad site folder. No need to create a resources folder.

The xs-app.json must look differently than what the help describes though. The name of the theme must be in the source of the route. Below worked for me:

{
	"routes": [{
		"source": "^/<your technical theme name>/(.*)",
		"target": "$1",
		"localDir": "themes"
	}]
}

as for the technical name use the one you refer to in site-content.json in "siteThemes"

Gunter

Hello gunteralbrecht ,

Apologies for the late response. That really was helpful, it worked perfectly!

I really appreciate it, a thousand of thanks. Some way to share the accepted answer for both of you guys?, thanks to both!!