Beginner Corner Discussions
Reach out to instructors, professors, SAP experts or your peers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask us: The head of Learning Engagement for SAP Learning (Oct 31 - Nov 04)

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Welcome to another “Ask Us”, an opportunity to submit questions to an expert or leader in SAP over the course of a few days to better understand what they do, how they work and what development path they followed.

David_Chaviano_0-1660304700564.png

Between (Oct 31 - Nov 04) Brittany Lothe the head of Learning Engagement for SAP Learning (and Hunter!) will be here to answer your questions about marketing & product communications, enabling people, leadership and anything else you can think of.

I am very much looking forward to asking at least a few of my many questions for Brittany and I’m curious what you all would like to ask as well.

Post your questions below before or during the active period to get a response from Brittany. Have fun!

24 REPLIES 24

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @former_member9126 ,

What are the key principles of leadership that have kept you on track throughout your career?

What are common errors that you see junior leaders making that you would like to point out and resolve?

Regards,

David 

The core values that guide me are:

Authentic: Just be yourself

Accountable: Inspire high-performance

Agile: Adapt and drive change.

Inclusive: Welcome diverse perspectives –always

Empathic: Seek to understand where others are coming from.

Optimistic: I often say think like an optimistic, plan like a pessimist and above all love what you do!

For those who might be just be starting out in your leadership journey, I encourage you to take time to discover your strengths and - equally important - recognize your blockers or areas of growth. consider finding a mentor or a coach who can help you refine how you lead. And always be open and okay to feedback from all levels of your organization. 

Hi @former_member9126,

in the video you touch upon the fact that you already had four careers within SAP, each with a different focus. Have you experienced common themes/best practices how to best organise/set up your team? Same questions goes to Hunter. 

Best

Florian  

Hi Florian - Everytime I have the pleasure of joining a new team, I take alot of time to listen and learn! I asked Hunter for his POV - but he just stared at me then wanted me to pet him -> so I'll take that as get to know the team and have some fun along the way!

Margit_Wagner
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi @brittany_lothe,
we heard a lot on the young talent initiative. Can you share some ideas on Older Adult Education?
Kind regards
Margit

SAP Learning Group - We are here to support you!

0 Kudos

Hi Margit - We are all continuously learning regardless of where you are in your career! I love learning.sap.com learning journeys because they have a focus on the most innovative topics - and are openly available to all. 

anna_armstrong
Advisor
Advisor

Hi @former_member9126, what are the best ways to measure success social media marketing campaigns?

0 Kudos

Hi Anna - Thanks for your question. This certainly depends on what you're trying to achieve with your campaign. A few metrics to consider could be engagement, follower growth, awareness and reach, leads, conversions, or traffic. Is there a specific instance you'd like to share?

Margit_Wagner
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi @brittany_lothe, do you have new ideas for the People to Work by SAP program and are there ways to contribute?
Kind regards
Margit

0 Kudos

Hi Margit - The best way to contribute is if you know someone who would benefit, share info on the initiative with them! Here's a one-pager that you might find useful: From Under-Skilled to Highly Qualified in a Digital World - People To Work by SAP

Margit_Wagner
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @brittany_lothe
Can you share your best practices how to guarantee barrier free learning.
Kind regards
Margit 

0 Kudos

Hi Margit - No two people learn in exactly the same way and while technology can act as a bridge to improved learning experiences, helping the learner learn what they want, when they want it and how they want to learn is most important. I personally believe that we have a tremendous opportunity to  think beyond the traditional classroom setting and offer alternative learning methods that are more accessible and affordable for a wider, more global audience of learners. Making learning journeys  more customizable and adaptable to suit an individual learners goals and needs is also important. And for me personally, I love bite-sized chunks of learning that are in the flow of work. How about you? How do you learn best?

0 Kudos

Hi @brittany_lothe,
Sorry, I don't really get your answer to my question. People with visual or hearing impairments are dependent on barrier free learning assetsI would like to know if you can share best practices from your side how to guarantee barrier free learning, i.e. create accessible learning assets.

Thanks
Margit

0 Kudos

HI Margit - Thanks for clarifying that your question was related to accessibility. 

As you know, our learning organization has close partnerships with Accessibility Strategists in Global Diversity & Inclusion Office on this topic. 

Jgaydoul
Advisor
Advisor

Hi @brittany_lothe,

does SAP (plan to vs. already) look into influencer marketing, especially in the area of learning?

Thanks,

Jochen

former_member9126
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks for your question, Jochen. SAP Learning is kicking off such a campaign in Q4. Please stay tuned and let us know what you think! 🙂 

Dieter_Voll
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @brittany_lothe,

Which competitors do you think do a good job of enabling learners? What can we learn from them?

Best regards, Dieter

0 Kudos

Hi Dieter - Let me point to two learning solutions I personally love (and so does my son)!. 

1. Khan Academy (www.khanacademy.org) - Khan Academy is nonprofit with the mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. It offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom.

2. Duolingo (www.duolingo.com) - Duolingo is a language learning platform that gamifies the process of learning a new language. There's a mobile app so you can work on your language skills anytime, anywhere. And the learning content engages with small, quick modules built around specific skills, points and recognition.

Are there learning platforms that you personally like to interact with? 

0 Kudos

Hi Brittany,

In 2019/2020 I supported a blended learning project. Here we did a short market analysis and I like the approach from thinkful (https://www.thinkful.com/how-we-work/ ) as they support their learners to launch a career ("Follow up your program with 6 months of career support. Your career coach will help you tailor your portfolio and resume, create a target employer list, nail your interviews, and negotiate for the highest salary.")

In addition: "... if you don’t get hired in a qualifying position within 6 months of graduating, you get a full tuition refund."

It is quite expensive but they guarantee a job after the program...

Margit_Wagner
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @brittany_lothe,

Digital Learning plays nowadays an important role in our schools. Artificial Intelligence and metaverse are two major pillars there.
Will we also apply these techniques at SAP Learning?
I would be happy if you can share your ideas.
Kind regards
Margit

0 Kudos

Great feedback, Margit. Thanks! Where you have you seen this applied well?

0 Kudos

Hi @former_member9126
For AI KI Campus 
For metaverse  I followed the blog post 
Kind regards
Margit

ceedee666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi @former_member9126,

I have two questions:

1. What are your ideas for transforming the Students Corner into an community for actual students?
  2. What are the plans at SAP Learning to get students engaged with SAP learning platforms like learning.sap.com?

Christian 

former_member9126
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Such a great question! Would love to get @David_Chaviano in this mix here to share some immediate thoughts and he is the very closest to this topic! 😉