Welcome Corner Discussions
Join the Welcome Corner discussion, where newcomers and community veterans are encouraged to introduce themselves, learn about others, and build their networks.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did you already know about our location-based Groups? Join one today ...

Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Location-based Groups

What are they?

Public Groups for a city near you that allow you to connect people around shared interests and have valuable conversations. These Groups allow you to connect at a local level, sharing relevant information and events.

Who can join?
SAP Community Groups are for all community members to actively interact with each other. Groups provide the functionality to initiate conversations, contribute, collaborate, and more. All of the location-based Groups are city-based. You don't necessarily have to be from the city to join but you might have a connection with that region.

May I start my own Group?
New Groups get requested regularly, so you can check back from time to time on the landing page to see if one has been set up for your city. If you are prepared to invest more time and effort - it is possible to request your own Group - based on an approval process. To request a Group, reach out to community@sap.com to set up a call to scope your project. For this and other FAQs, you can always access the Help page.

Did you join a location-based Group already? Let us know in a comment below! More activity from you helps you improve your rank.

Image Location-based Groups.png

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

7 REPLIES 7

Hey Katherine, 

I'm living in Chicago right now. 
But is it possible there is no location group for NYC ? 

Can not wait to create the first one when I'm there !

Hello @former_member8777 

Looks like you are correct - there has not been a Group requested yet for either New York or Chicago!
Do you have a connection with NYC or are moving there? Do feel free to reach out to us to request a location Group - obviously there is an approval process - but we are setting up new Groups each month! FYI: I will publish a blog post shortly on the Groups launched in February.

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

Hi @Katherine_K , 
I just wrote wrongly I think in the Chicago HXM for invite people to a SAP Stammtisch. 
Let's create a new group. I can help to moderate the Chicago area for now until I'm not moving somewhere else 🙂

Hi @former_member8777 

Any community member can request a new Group at community@sap.com and go through the scoping and approval process then. (I don't have access to the Chicagoland HXM Group).

Thanks,
Katherine

rrayosdelsol
Explorer

Hi Everyone!

Good Day! It has been a while since we last caught up, and I wanted to take a moment to reach out, catch up, reconnect and exchange greetings. I trust that everyone’s days have been filled with positivity and productivity.

In our ever-evolving world, I've been keenly interested in exploring opportunities related to SAP. SAP's enterprise software solutions have significantly shaped the landscape of business operations and customer relations. I've been curious to learn more about SAP's presence and community groups in the Philippines, especially for users and enthusiasts like us.

I was wondering if anyone is aware of any specific community groups or forums dedicated to discussions and updates regarding SAP in the Philippines. And tailored for individuals in the Philippines who are passionate about SAP software? I believe that such a platform could be an excellent resource for us and others in our community to stay informed about SAP-related news, share experiences, and even extend a helping hand to those who may require assistance. Such group could be a valuable resource for networking, knowledge sharing, and staying updated on the latest developments in the SAP ecosystem.

If anyone knows any relevant groups or resources or any information or contacts related to this, I would greatly appreciate your assistance, if anyone could share the details with me. Any insights and connections within our community would be invaluable in helping me get involved and contribute positively. And I believe they would be instrumental in helping me connect with like-minded individuals and resources.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch with me at your convenience. I’m look forward and hoping to catch up soon. In the meantime, I wish everyone nothing but wonderful and productive days ahead.

Take care, and let's stay connected.

Warm regards,

rrayosdelsol

0 Kudos

Hello @rrayosdelsol - thank you for connecting, and it's a great question! While we do have groups for asia pacific, no community member has yet requested a city-based group for the Phillipines. Do you think this is something that you - perhaps together with 1 or 2 colleagues - would like to pursue? If you're interested in setting up a group you can reach out to community@sap.com for approval and next steps. Each location group needs a curator based in the area, and being a curator is not a difficult task!
In the meantime, please feel free to take part in discussions in any of our open groups, or start a discussion of your own!
Enjoy your time in SAP Community!!

0 Kudos

Hi! I hope this post finds you all in good health. Today, I wish to extend my heartfelt gratitude to each and every member of this remarkable community for the incredible wealth of knowledge, insights, and camaraderie that I've experienced since I joined.

As a newcomer, I've been absolutely blown away by the generosity of spirit and willingness to share information that defines this community. Your collective wisdom has not only deepened my understanding of SAP but has also inspired me to aim higher and give back in a meaningful way.

One thing I've noticed during my time here is that while there's a robust SAP Community presence in the Asia Pacific region, we don't yet have a dedicated space for SAP enthusiasts and professionals in the Philippines. This realization has ignited a passion within me to change that. I'm excited to announce my interest in becoming a Curator for the SAP Community in the Philippines.

Now, being new to the community, I'm aware that there might be much more to learn and understand about the role of a Curator and the responsibilities it entails. I've already taken the first step by sending an email to community@sap.com expressing my interest, but I'd like to reach out to you, the seasoned members of this community, for advice and guidance.

So, here are a few questions:

1. What qualities or skills do you think are crucial for a SAP Community Curator?
  2. Are there any specific experiences or qualifications that would be beneficial for someone in my position?
  3. Aside from sending an email, is there any other proactive step I can take to strengthen my candidacy?
  4. What advice would you offer to someone like me who is just starting their journey towards becoming a Curator?

I believe that the SAP Community in the Philippines has immense potential, and together, we can create a vibrant space for knowledge sharing, collaboration, and growth.

To my fellow SAP enthusiasts and experts, I eagerly await your insights and guidance. Your collective wisdom will undoubtedly shape my path towards becoming a qualified SAP Community Curator.

Thank you all for being part of this incredible community, and I look forward to embarking on this journey together.

With profound gratitude and enthusiasm, rrayosdelsol

#SAPCommunity #Philippines #SAPCurator #KnowledgeSharing #SAPExperts