Welcome Corner Discussions
Join the Welcome Corner discussion, where newcomers and community veterans are encouraged to introduce themselves, learn about others, and build their networks.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Join the Community Spirit Initiative in your location group!

lauraschmitz
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

I am very excited to kick off a new initiative that starts in the location groups of SAP Community today: #CommunitySpirit! 

What is it all about?  
We are thrilled by the variety of countries and cities represented in the community and love to see more and more people from across the world joining us and introducing themselves in the Where are you from? discussion. We want to get to know you even better and give you the opportunity to connect with your local peers and fellow community members in your area!  

Watch the video from my colleague @sveabecker who shares more insights about the initiative: 

[video]

How can you be part of it?  
As you heard from Svea, it is easy to be part of the initiative. Simply look for a location group near you, join/subscribe, check the group activity for an existing discussion of the initiative, or start your own! Here are some ideas to ask your fellow community members, feel free to choose one or come up with your own:  

• What do you like most about our city? 
  • What are your interests or hobbies? 
  • What topics (or SAP topics) do you have the most expertise in?​ 
  • Have you already met other SAP Community members in person? 
  • What was your last SAP Community event that you attended?​ 

Don’t forget the tag #CommunitySpirit! 😊   

We are much looking forward to getting to know the faces behind our SAP Community!  

22 REPLIES 22

Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Are you based in Ireland and want to take part in this #CommunitySpirit initiative? Please join the Galway Group and take part in the discussion: What technology-related topics / SAP topics do you have the most knowledge of? We would love to hear from you! 
Of course it goes without saying that you can start your own discussion at any time.

#CommunitySpirit

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

"Galway Group" ... wasn't that an Ed Sheeran song? 🤔... no, that must have been something else.

--------------
See all my blogs and connect with me on Twitter / LinkedIn

Close, but no cigar as they say!!! "Galway Girl" and not even the first song with such a title here!

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

How do we start a new group (e.g., Israel)?

• Both technically and also best practices for creating such a group

--------------
See all my blogs and connect with me on Twitter / LinkedIn

@Dan_Wroblewski - Groups can be requested via community@sap.com - and once approved, an SAP Community Advocate would walk you through the steps and best practices. The location groups are city based - so it wouldn't be "Israel" but a city there.

Murali_Shan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Are you based in Sydney and would like to network with other community members? Join the Sydney Group and start the engagement by contributing to this discussion - Which SAP topic do you have the most expertise in?

saralangner
Participant

If you are based in Hamburg, Germany we'd love to welcome you into our Hamburg SAP Group. Feel free to join the Discussion Welche Themen sind euch wichtig? Was sind eure Ideen für diese Gruppe? 💡 to connect!

jerryjanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're in the Philadelphia area and want to show your #communityspirit, please sign up for the coolest location-based group (according to a survey of one: me) -- Newtown Square (https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/newtown-square/gh-p/newtown-square)!

Join our discussion about your favorite hobbies/interests (https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/newtown-square/gh-p/newtown-square) and keep your eyes open for opportunities to meet in person! We held our first get-together last month (https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/newtown-square-discussions/impromptu-meet-up-friday-february-10/...), and there's another planned for April.

There's more to come -- and as noted above, please feel free to start your own discussions!

Make sure to subscribe to What's New!

former_member40266
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Do you live in Gurgaon, Delhi, Noida, or a nearby area and want to connect with other SAP Community members? Participate in this conversation by joining the Gurgaon - SAP Community Groups and beginning the engagement. Let's start the engagement by contributing to this discussion Where are you from Gurgaon/NCR members? Let's know... - SAP Community Groups

Chandra_Bhushan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Wanna catch up for coffee with SAP Community Members at Gurgaon? Do join us by commenting your interest on this discussion

maheshpalavalli
Active Contributor

If you are from Bengaluru region, join us and share with us the topics you have expertise in and what you look forward to learning or upgrading to. 

What topics do you have expertise in and what so y... - SAP Community Groups

rajib_goon51
Participant

Hi @rajib_goon51 where are you from and do you want to share more about yourself? You can join one of the conversations in the location groups or share it here as well. 😊

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

Bernhard
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Happy to join a Madrid group but would need someone else to start it off ;-)!

Hi @Bernhard - indeed! But nobody in SAP Community has requested a Group for Madrid - not yet anyway! Here's how to request a location Group if you or your colleagues are interested. 
You could still join the initiative here - or start a discussion over in the Coffee Corner.

I've been to Spain but never been to Madrid - what are the top 3 things worth visiting in the city?

#CommunitySpirit

Bernhard
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hmm there is an easy answer for the Top 3: The Prado, the Thyssen and the Reina Sofia Museum 🙂

Of course there is a lot more - the old parts for the town from the 16th century, the big parks, the areas with nightlife, the rooftops.

It gets top notch if you include a hike in the Sierra, and visits to Segovia, Avila and Toledo.

@Bernhard - I will have to visit some time! I love discovering the old parts of any city.
We have the medieval parts to our city as well here in Galway (Ireland) and includes the Spanish connection with the Spanish Arch.

I do love to hike - I think I'd have to do this at an off-peak season when it wasn't too hot!

#CommunitySpirit

Bernhard
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Definitely! Just ping me in case you have a chance to come to Madrid! 

Sandra_Solis
Participant

Hello ! I see there is not a group for Mexico, 😅

You are right @Sandra_Solis, not yet. Is there a local community existing or do you know already some people with the interest in SAP topics  in the place you live? We have only city based groups, so what is the city you live it? I also know that @MariettaLopez lives in Mexico too, but I don't know where. Would you both be willing to start a group over there? For which city?

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

@Sandra_Solis it is really great to meet you. I'm connecting you with two wonderful SAP Champions. Maria lives in Mexico. Sergio lives in Dallas, TX (so not too far)😀 Also, I want to loop you in with my colleague @sveabecker who may have some suggestions. Look forward to seeing you in the community!

sguerrero
MariettaLopez

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

Thank you so much !! I will connect with them, and you 😊