Welcome Corner Discussions
Join the Welcome Corner discussion, where newcomers and community veterans are encouraged to introduce themselves, learn about others, and build their networks.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Community - Where are you from?

lauraschmitz
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

SAP Community keeps growing and growing and I am super excited for this Welcome Corner as it gives the chance for not only new members but everyone to get to know one another and connect with each other.

As my colleague @Katherine_K gives an overall introduction to the Group and what you can expect from it in her blog post, I’d like to take the opportunity to start a discussion about the different locations represented in our global SAP Community. I am interested to read where you are located and where SAP Community is spread around the world.

I am from Germany and currently living in Wiesbaden, which is the capital of one of the sixteen German states located in the west. After years of studies and living in different places, my hometown has caught me again with its charm and the closeness to friends and family has won me over.

But now I am curious, where are you tuning in from?

5,215 REPLIES 5,215

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hello @Amita1 Namaste! 🙏
I am Svea from Germany, living close to Mannheim. I am part of the SAP Community Team and I would like to welcome you to SAP Community. 🙂
Subscribe to our location groups in Asia Pacific to get notified once there will be a new group published: https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/asia-pacific/ct-p/asia-pacific
Cheers, Svea

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

@Amita1 nice to meet you! Looking forward to having great discussions here too!

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

MarceloRSilva
Participant

Hi, I am Marcelo. I am originally from Brazil and later became an Australian citizen, now living in Brisbane. I am an SAP Procurement consultant passionate about SAP Solutions and plan to write blogs.

Great to have you here @MarceloRSilva - let us know when you've written your first blog post! We have a location Group for Sydney, but nobody has requested one for Brisbane as of yet. Hope you enjoy your time here in SAP Community!

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

Hi Katherine,

My first blog just got published.

https://blogs.sap.com/2023/03/29/configure-a-logo-for-your-cloud-application/

Thank you!

Marcelo Rodrigues da Silva

That's great news @MarceloRSilva !!

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

joshuaheisler
Explorer

Hi 👋🏽

I am from germany as a lot of the people posting here. I love development, especially on the SAP BTP!

Hello and welcome @joshuaheisler !!

You are correct! Lots of people here from Germany and from all over the world really. Just in the last week we've had people join from the following countries: 
Australia (Brisbane), Brazil, Bulgaria (Sophia), Canada, Germany (Eschborn, Mannheim, Ratingen, Walldorf), India (Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Jalpaiguri, Kerala, Kolkata, New Delhi), Ireland (Dublin), Italy (Vicenza), Netherlands (Amsterdam), Poland, Portugal (Oporto, Torres Novas), Romania, Scotland (Edinburgh), Turkey, USA (Dallas, Oregon), Yemen

It's pretty impressive! Hope you enjoy your time in SAP Community. There is also an SAP BTP Learning Group which you might like to join, if you haven't already - as well as one for SAP TechEd.

jagosribeiro
Discoverer
Hello all.
My name is José Agostinho, I'm from Oporto, Portugal.
I work in a company named Sonae Arauco. Since 1998 we use SAP products.
Interested in topics related to Software Quality Assurance.
Kind Regards
Agos

Hello and welcome Agos @jagosribeiro !! You might want to take part in some other discussions, you might like this one: New or not to the SAP Community, share your story! Or even feel free to start a discussion of your own. Hope you enjoy your time in SAP Community.

@jagosribeiro Portugal is so beautiful. It is great to meet you here in the SAP Community! I live in the USA, Pennsylvania and have worked with SAP software for 20+ years!

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

Hi Stephanie, it's always great to receive compliments about our country, especially since Portugal and the USA's Pennsylvania state are separated by the vast Atlantic Ocean! Despite the distance, it's amazing how the SAP community brings people from different parts of the world together, making us feel almost like neighbors. It's wonderful to know that you have been working with SAP software for over 20 years. As a member of the SAP community, you probably have a lot of knowledge and experience to share. Wishing you a great weekend ahead!

Hi @former_member130357 where are you from? I'm Katherine from Galway, Ireland. 

SachinMehta
Explorer

Hi Everyone, 

I am Sachin Mehta from Canada. 

@SachinMehta hi from South of the border in lovely Pennsylvania! Thanks for joining the Group discussion!

Jhan
Advisor
Advisor

Hi from Venezuela but live in Bogota, i grew up in Caracas and enjoy the baseball, im part of SAP HANA Team since 2016,

Have a nice day!

@Jhan hi from SAP NSQ office!

garethmurrayfau
Explorer

Hi I am Gareth from Ireland

Hi Gareth @garethmurrayfau - where are you based in Ireland? 
I'm Katherine (SAP Community Advocate) based in Galway - I've set up a Galway Group as well, you can feel free to take a look!

carlatrimmer
Discoverer

Hi, 

I'm Carla, from Mexico. 

Welcome Carla @carlatrimmer - good to have you here! What SAP topics are you most interested in?
Feel free to upload a photo or avatar to your profile if you wish. Hope you enjoy networking in the community!

@MariettaLopez I want to connect you together with @carlatrimmer since you are both living in Mexico. Maria is a SAP Champion so she brings a wealth of community knowledge😁

ShaikAzmathulla
Participant

Hi Community . I am Azmath from Bangalore.

Welcome @ShaikAzmathulla - feel free to join the Bengaluru Group also - if you haven't done so already!

Sh02
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Community. I'm from Japan.

@Sh02 it is great to meet you. So wonderful to meet everyone here from all over the world!

Keylla_Lima
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Community. I am from Brazil currently living in Portugal, I am part of BTP Delivery@Scale|ASC Cloud Integration Team.

MarkFogle
Advisor
Advisor

Hi,

Mark here from the West Coast of the U.S.  Just trying out Groups for the first time - I didn't know it existed until I went through the new tutorial!

@MarkFogle awesome spread the word. It is a great place to meet up with people with similar interests and for networking! Welcome!

nvytla
Participant

Hello, I'm from NJ, USA.

@nvytla great to meet you. I'm out of the SAP NSQ office and live outside of Phila!

raja1404
Explorer

Hi I am Raj from TechM MBU-CoE and will be writing blogs about SAP on Microsoft 

Hi

I'm from Bengaluru..happy to be part of this community.

Hello @former_member130698 welcome! If you are from Bangalore, I would like to invite you to join the Bengaluru Group, if you haven't done so already! I know we added the link here in the thread multiple times, but as it's so huge, you might have missed it 😉

Don't forget to click on "Join" in your other favourite Groups for a better interactive experience as a Group Member!

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

JessicaWade
Explorer

Hello everyone, my name is Jessica and I'm from Pakistan. I am excited to have joined the SAP community and look forward to learning and collaborating with all of you. My background is in [Software Engineering], and I am interested in exploring how SAP solutions can help organizations. I believe that working together, we can create innovative solutions that drive business success and make a positive impact in our communities. Thanks

Dear @JessicaWade welcome to SAP Community and thanks for sharing! There are multiple success stories from all around the world. I would like to invite you to read the latest post from @Tsovinar in the Yerevan Group 
It's great what they achieved lately.

Also, the SAP Women in Tech Group might be of interest for you!

Don't forget to either "join" or "subscribe" to these groups to not miss any update in the groups!

IngmarKat
Explorer

Hi to all Community member. 

Hello @IngmarKat welcome! I am Svea from Germany, living close to Mannheim. I am also part of the SAP Community Team 😀
Where are you from?

michaltvrdy74
Participant