Welcome Corner Discussions
Join the Welcome Corner discussion, where newcomers and community veterans are encouraged to introduce themselves, learn about others, and build their networks.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Community - Where are you from?

lauraschmitz
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

SAP Community keeps growing and growing and I am super excited for this Welcome Corner as it gives the chance for not only new members but everyone to get to know one another and connect with each other.

As my colleague @Katherine_K gives an overall introduction to the Group and what you can expect from it in her blog post, I’d like to take the opportunity to start a discussion about the different locations represented in our global SAP Community. I am interested to read where you are located and where SAP Community is spread around the world.

I am from Germany and currently living in Wiesbaden, which is the capital of one of the sixteen German states located in the west. After years of studies and living in different places, my hometown has caught me again with its charm and the closeness to friends and family has won me over.

But now I am curious, where are you tuning in from?

5,172 REPLIES 5,172

Hi @Max_Futurisma, where are you joining us from? 😊

ArtemSherekh
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

HI everyone!

I am from Germany, from December, 2022. Before spent all my life in Russia, last 18 years in Moscow. 

Was  born in a small city Bugulma in Tatarstan (part of Russia). After University worked as a sales and marketing director in Telecom company in Kazan (capital of Tatarstan), than moved to Moscow to work in startup.  After 3 years in startup joined in SAP and this year was a 15 years since my start.

nicole_smythe
Advisor
Advisor

Hi All!  I'm Nicole Smythe from Newtown Square.  I'll be writing blogs about various SAP products.  

Hi @nicole_smythe and welcome to SAP Community! 😊 If you're interested in connecting with peers in your local area, make sure to join the Newtown Square location group

@nicole_smythe great to meet you. I am also based in NSQ. I invited you to our NSQ Group too!! Looking forward to seeing you in the office and at Stammtisch's. Have a great day!

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

mehulrajput
Explorer

Hi,

This is Mehul Rajput from India.

Welcome to SAP Community @mehulrajput ! Feel free to check our location groups in India and join the closest city near you to connect with local peers! 😊

christian_noack
Participant

Hello World!

I am living in germany, in a small town called Jena. Due to its university, a lot of nice and open minded people are living here. Its also surrounded by beautiful mountains, so plan some time for hike when you visit!

Looking forward to Exploring SAP Commerce Cloud and also writing blog posts.

Hello @christian_noack
Sounds like a beautiful place, I love hiking. I'm part of the community team living in Ireland, and I love hiking and rambling here in the West.
Looking forward to reading your blog posts, let us know when you've written your next one!

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

@christian_noack it is great to meet you! I live outside of Philadelphia, PA in a town called West Chester. It is also a college town which makes for a bustling and fun atmosphere. If you want to see West Chester you can check out the movie Marley & Me. We have beautiful landscapes and lots of hiking!

From a professional standpoint I work with @Katherine_K and many other great people in SAP Community. Have a great weekend!

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

Schirra
Explorer

Hello everyone,

my name is Joachim Schirra. I am living in Düsseldorf, which is - in my opinion 🙂  - one of the nicest cities in which I have ever lived so far and I do not intend to change this in future ;-). This city is the main capital of North Rhine Westfalia and very close to the city of Cologne, a city which is always a bit "struggling" (but in  a humorous way) with Düsseldorf for historical reasons. Some "nasty" people claim that Cologne is a suburb of Düsseldorf. 🙂 As I am saying, "nasty" people... We also love "our suburb" Cologne. 🙂  

I like the whole federal state of North Rhine Westfalia very much even given the fact that I am not born and did not grew up here. I grew up in the federal state Saarland where SAP by the way also has a location. A not so small amount of SAP´s employees working in the field of analytics  seem to be grown up and living there. So guys, greetings to my former homeland. 

I intend to talk a little bit to all people here interested in the analytics products SAP Datasphere, SAP Analytics Cloud, but also in the products SAP BTP and SAP HANA Cloud. Analytics keeps me busy since 1999.

Looking forward to see you all around here.

Best regards,

Joachim

Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

@Former Member 
Hello and welcome Joachim, thanks so much for the detailed introduction. I'm from Galway, Ireland and part of the SAP Community team. I've travelled to Germany many times, mostly with work - but unfortunately never been to your lovely city or former homeland (not yet anyway).

Let us know when you write your next blog post! There are some newly listed "Learning Sneak Preview" events on SAP Analytics Cloud - maybe you would be interested in those or other events you find listed here.

Enjoy your time here in the community!

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

Siarljp
Active Participant

Hello SAP World,

My name is Julian Siarl Phillips, currently living in Uppsala, Sweden, I have been working in and around SAP Tech since 1993 and blogged a fair bit in that time under several different S users.... However due to the complexities of having a continuous user-profile when changing jobs, which is apparently still not technologically possible, I find I must have a new profile, and so lose all my blog histories,, to create an entirely new set of histories. Still I kind of like the idea of starting out from a fresh slate so here goes! Hope to see you all out in the SAP community.

Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

@Former Member 

Great to have you here (again) Julian. I'm based in Galway, Ireland and part of the SAP Community team. I know what you mean about starting with a fresh slate! I see you are already at Galactic 1 with your rank.
You might also be interested to read Craig Cmehil's blog post: Happy Anniversary, SAP Community! Let’s Merge Those Accounts!

Siarljp
Active Participant

Thanks Katherine for that blog link - it looks just the ticket! gonna take a closer look and see if I can get it working for me.

nscheaffer
Active Contributor

How do I stop getting emails related to this topic? Our email system is flagging them as spam.

nscheaffer_0-1681507442376.png

I would have to agree. How they be stopped?

Thanks,

Noel

I found and "unsubscribe" option associated with the original post. I said "unsubscribe" before I did so.

nscheaffer_0-1681507686387.png

Here's hoping.

Noel

@nscheaffer 
Thanks for the question Noel. This should work for you. You can also edit the default settings for Groups by clicking on your avatar top right and choosing "My settings" - please see image below. We also have a Help page in case of other questions. Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

sumitjain
Explorer

Hi Welcome ....!!!!

Hello and welcome @sumitjain - where are you from? You might like to join one of our location Groups - why not take a look and see if there is one for a city near you.

sumitjain
Explorer

Hi , i am from Pune India

hemalalitha
Explorer

Hello and welcome @hemalalitha - where are you from and what SAP topics are you most interested in?

Syed_Abbas607
Explorer

Hi, This is Syed from Melbourne, Australia. I would like to join the community and publish blog posts about SAP Technologies. 

Great to have you here @Syed_Abbas607 - please let us know when you have written your first/next blog post - looking forward to reading that!

VKR_23
Participant

Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi @VKR_23 - welcome - where are you from? I'm from Galway, Ireland - part of the community team. If you're interested to upload a profile photo or avatar you can find out how to here.

NicolasC67
Participant

Hi Everyone, I'm NIcolas C.. I live in France and have been working with SAP SuccessFactors since 2012 and still love it! 🙂

I love searching for help, hints and tips from other passionates and as such, I also like sharing my discoveries. I am more specialized in Compensation & Variable Pay but like learning new things from other modules! 

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Thanks for sharing your interests with us, @NicolasC67! Have you seen our Human Experience Management area yet? 🙂

Join or subscribe to SAP Community Groups to stay up-to-date, including SAP TechEd Group.

Anaer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi everyone! I am from the city Wulumuqi in North-West China and I currently live in Mannheim, Germany. I came to Germany 5 years ago to study. Mannheim is the city where I found the most emotional and social connections so I decided to stay a bit longer.  Looking forward to getting to know you and exchanging with you 🙂 

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Welcome to the SAP family, @Anaer! 🙂 

Join or subscribe to SAP Community Groups to stay up-to-date, including SAP TechEd Group.

enda_ryan
Associate
Associate

Hi, I am from Ireland

@enda_ryan 
Hi Enda! Great to have you here. Which part of Ireland are you from? I'm from Galway - I'm part of the SAP Community team. We have a Galway Group, and you can feel free to check out other location Groups as well.

Doug_DeLuca
Advisor
Advisor

Hello SAP Community,
I am from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA.
🙂  Doug 

Surajit
Explorer

Hi I am Surajit From Kolkata. India

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

Hello @Surajit welcome! I would like to inform you that there will be a community event in Kolkata, an SAP Inside Track: https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/sap-insidetrack/sap-inside-track-kolkata/ev-p/252720
Maybe this is an opportunity for you to join and meet other community members!

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

chandra_putcha
Advisor
Advisor

Hi SAP Community,

I am Chandra Putcha from Chicago USA. Happy to be part of this community. 

Bertaus
Associate
Associate

Hello from Sydney, Australia. Great to be part of the community!

Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Welcome @Bertaus - feel free to check out the Sydney Group if you haven't already! @Murali_Shan and others are sharing great content there, and I see there will be an SAP Inside Track held in May.

chrischni
Newcomer

Hi 👋,

my name is Christian. I'm from Germany. Currently living in close by Bielefeld.