Welcome Corner Discussions
Join the Welcome Corner discussion, where newcomers and community veterans are encouraged to introduce themselves, learn about others, and build their networks.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Community - Where are you from?

lauraschmitz
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

SAP Community keeps growing and growing and I am super excited for this Welcome Corner as it gives the chance for not only new members but everyone to get to know one another and connect with each other.

As my colleague @Katherine_K gives an overall introduction to the Group and what you can expect from it in her blog post, I’d like to take the opportunity to start a discussion about the different locations represented in our global SAP Community. I am interested to read where you are located and where SAP Community is spread around the world.

I am from Germany and currently living in Wiesbaden, which is the capital of one of the sixteen German states located in the west. After years of studies and living in different places, my hometown has caught me again with its charm and the closeness to friends and family has won me over.

But now I am curious, where are you tuning in from?

5,172 REPLIES 5,172

d4449
Explorer

Hello,

Dinesh from India.

Hoping to receive and contribute useful information.

Thanks.

Nitin_Raghav
Explorer

Hi,

I am Nitin from Noida, India  

Hi @Nitin_Raghav , hi @d4449 Thanks for joining SAP Community Groups. As you are both from India, you might want to explore our groups in India - check them out here: https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/asia-pacific/ct-p/asia-pacific 

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

Bernardo_Santos
Participant

Hello @Bernardo_Santos great you are part of SAP Community! Where are you from? I am Svea from the community team, living in Germany, close to Mannheim.

Which topics are you an expert in? Check our tags and follow them: https://blogs.sap.com/tags/ 

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

kkane
Explorer

Hello!  I am from the state of Wisconsin, USA.

Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Welcome @kkane - it's lovely to have you here in groups! Which part of Wisconsin are you from? I've never visited there - I think the closest I have been is to Chicago. I'm Katherine, based in Galway, Ireland and part of the community team. Hope you enjoy your time here - be sure to let us know in case of questions. There are some location groups set up for the US but I don't think there are any for your location yet. You can read more about our location groups here.

Feel free to join other discussions here in the Welcome Corner, Coffee Corner or Career Corner - or start a discussion of your own in any public group!

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

Thank you for the warm welcome.  What a fun job you have! 

I am from Green Bay, so middle of the state, eastern side. I think the closest location group is Chicago and I've requested to be part of that group, thank you.  

@kkane I am happy to connect you with SAP Champion @Narasimha who resides near you!

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

I love this @StephanieMarley - this is what community is all about - connecting people!

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

Thank you @StephanieMarley for connecting me.  Appreciate you.

Narasimha
Active Contributor

Great to connect

AmanSaxena
Participant

Hello Everyone,

I am Aman Saxena. I am from India, born and brought up in Mainpuri(Uttar Pradesh). I am currently Living in Delhi.
Delhi is the capital city of India and has several unique aspects that make it special. Here are a few notable features of Delhi:

1. Rich Historical Heritage: Delhi is steeped in history and boasts a plethora of magnificent monuments, including the iconic Red Fort, Qutub Minar, Jama Masjid, and Humayun's Tomb. These architectural wonders showcase the city's glorious past and attract tourists from around the world.

2. Cultural Diversity: Delhi is a melting pot of diverse cultures, languages, and traditions. People from all over India and abroad reside here, contributing to its vibrant and cosmopolitan atmosphere. The city hosts numerous festivals and cultural events that celebrate this diversity, such as Diwali, Holi, and the International Film Festival of India.

3. Gastronomic Delights: Delhi is renowned for its delectable street food. From the mouthwatering chaats of Chandni Chowk to the sizzling kebabs of Karim's, the city offers a diverse range of culinary delights. Delhi is also home to a wide array of restaurants and cafes, serving cuisines from around the world.

Now, let's talk about Mainpuri, a district located in the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh:

1. Historical Significance: Mainpuri has a rich historical heritage with several historical sites and monuments. The town of Kishni in Mainpuri is famous for its association with Lord Krishna, and it is believed to be the birthplace of Shri Vallabhacharya, a prominent philosopher and founder of the Pushti Marg sect.

2. Natural Beauty: Mainpuri is blessed with picturesque landscapes and scenic beauty. The district is dotted with lush green fields, serene rivers, and tranquil lakes. One can enjoy the peaceful ambiance and spend quality time amidst nature.

3. Handicrafts and Artistry: Mainpuri is known for its exquisite handicrafts and skilled artisans. The region specializes in the production of brassware, woodwork, and pottery. The intricate designs and craftsmanship of these products make them highly sought after.

Both Delhi and Mainpuri have their own unique charm and attractions, offering visitors and residents a memorable experience.

Welcome @AmanSaxena to SAP Community! It's great to have you here in our groups. Thank you for sharing such a detailed description of your home towns. I would love to visit one day and experience the natural beauty you have described. I'm part of the SAP Community team and from Ireland - we have lots of sunshine at the moment and are making the most of it!! We have a fun saying here that Ireland would be beautiful all year if you could put a roof on it!!! (Due to the rain).

I hope you enjoy your time here - you might also want to check out the location groups to see if there is one for a city near you. Otherwise, watch this space as they say - there are new groups being requested and added all the time.

Have fun in the community!

Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm excited to be a part of the SAP Community. Your description of Ireland's natural beauty and the witty saying about the rain made me smile. I'll definitely explore the location groups and look forward to engaging with the community. Cheers!

@AmanSaxena I so enjoyed your post.

To carry on let me tell you about where I live: Philadelphia (based in the SAP NSQ office)

1. Historical significance: On July 4, 1776 the United States Declaration of Independence was signed and is also the home of the Liberty Bell. Millions come to Philadelphia each year to take in the country's history.

2. Natural beauty: To see our landscape in Chester County PA (where I live) please consider watching the movie "Marley and Me" a fun family movie about a Golden Retriever.

3. Handicrafts and Artistry: Lancaster County is an eastern suburb of PA. It has a large Amish Community, and they are renowned for their beautiful, handcrafted furniture.

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

Philadelphia sounds like an amazing place to live! I love the rich historical significance and the fact that it played a pivotal role in the signing of the Declaration of Independence. The Liberty Bell must be a fascinating sight to see. I'll make sure to watch "Marley and Me" to get a glimpse of the natural beauty in Chester County. The Amish community in Lancaster County and their handcrafted furniture sound truly remarkable. Thank you for sharing these wonderful aspects of your city!

purusingh
Explorer

Hi Everyone,

I am Purushottam from SLB, Pune. I will be contributing towards SAP Application, Database & Cloud Security.

Thanks.

@purusingh 
Great to have you here Purushottam! Will you also write blog posts on those topics? Or maybe you have already. Be sure to follow the tags for all the topics you are most interested in. You can also join or subscribe to any of the public groups here in SAP Community so that you don't miss out on conversations and local events.

Thanks you Katherine ! Yes i will be writing Blogs on these areas. I will follow the tags. 

Good stuff @purusingh - let us know when you have written your next blog post!

tangseng
Explorer

I’m from china.

Welcome @tangseng! Which part of China are you from? Let us know which SAP topics you are most interested in.

mauritz89
Explorer

Welcome @mauritz89 - where are you from? I'm from Galway in Ireland - and part of the community team.

uma15ala
Explorer

I am from Canada, recently migrated a year ago from UAE.

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi @uma15ala - where about in Canada? Welcome to SAP Community, we're glad you're here. What topics are you most interested in? 

Join or subscribe to SAP Community Groups to stay up-to-date, including SAP TechEd Group.

Daiana_Feiten
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Community,
I am Daiana from S/4Hana Cloud Brazil and will help our customer in Sales and Services Topics.
Best regards,

Daiana.

agadah
Explorer

Hi there,
I'm from Saudi Arabia

Omar_Ossama
Explorer

Hi, Nice to meet you all.
My name is Omar Ossama, I am from Egypt. 
I will be very glad to contribute to the SAP Community.

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

We're happy you joined us, @Omar_Ossama - warm welcome! Let us know whether and how we can help you 🙂 

Join or subscribe to SAP Community Groups to stay up-to-date, including SAP TechEd Group.

zainabfatima
Participant

Hi Laura,

I am from New Delhi, India.

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi @zainabfatima and welcome to SAP Community! As you are from India, you might want to explore our groups in India - check them out here: https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/asia-pacific/ct-p/asia-pacific. Hope you enjoy your time here, exploring and scrolling through all our content. 
Let us know in case you have any questions!  

abdelrahman9
Explorer

Hi, I am from Egypt

1996_msc
Explorer

Hi, 

I am an Integration Consultant from India. Will love explore the world of SAP CPI and contribute to the community with my findings. 

mk910922
Explorer

Hello Everyone,

I am from India, currently living in Houston, Texas.

Mostly i will be writing about SAP Product and Automation.

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Welcome to SAP Community @mk910922 

We have a location group in Texas, which is the Dallas Group. It's not Houston but I was wondering if you might want to join local activities if there are any, like a Stammtisch or an SAP Inside Track. Here is the link to subscribe to the Dallas group to not miss any updates: https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/dallas/gh-p/dallas

GeovanaLettnin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are doing great!

My name is Geovana from South of Brazil and I work in S/4Hana Cloud Brazil team. I will be helping our customer in Supply Chain topics in our Community Platform.

Kind regards,

Geovana 

@GeovanaLettnin what a great topic you cover. I want to introduce you to our esteemed SAP Champions - @Karen and @former_member127578 who are resident experts and teachers on several SAP topics!

Best of luck and I look forward to seeing you (a lot) in the community!

OneShivam
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello Everyone, I am from India