Welcome Corner Discussions
Join the Welcome Corner discussion, where newcomers and community veterans are encouraged to introduce themselves, learn about others, and build their networks.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Community - Where are you from?

lauraschmitz
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

SAP Community keeps growing and growing and I am super excited for this Welcome Corner as it gives the chance for not only new members but everyone to get to know one another and connect with each other.

As my colleague @Katherine_K gives an overall introduction to the Group and what you can expect from it in her blog post, I’d like to take the opportunity to start a discussion about the different locations represented in our global SAP Community. I am interested to read where you are located and where SAP Community is spread around the world.

I am from Germany and currently living in Wiesbaden, which is the capital of one of the sixteen German states located in the west. After years of studies and living in different places, my hometown has caught me again with its charm and the closeness to friends and family has won me over.

But now I am curious, where are you tuning in from?

5,219 REPLIES 5,219

Berinath
Participant

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are doing great!

My name is Berinath. I am from India.

Great to have you here @Berinath! Which part of India are you from? We have 3 location groups so far for India. You can read more about location groups here. Which SAP topics are you most interested in? Wishing you an enjoyable time in SAP Community! Let us know in case you have any questions.

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

classiceveryman
Newcomer

dpappa1y
Advisor
Advisor

Nice to see this dynamic community. Hello all!

I'm Dominic based out of Houston, Texas and looking forward to discuss and contribute on SAP Utilities solution topics!

@dpappa1y great to meet you. Not far away in the Dallas area are community members - @rileyrainey and @Former Member 

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

snisgigsn
Explorer

Hello, I am from California, USA.  I would like to blog on my SAP journey to IT as a substitute school teacher

Hello @snisgigsn oh that sounds really interesting. Make sure you follow the topics Young Thinkers  and SAP University Alliances and think about ways to bring SAP and SAP Community to your pupils.

I recently was part of the Girl's Day where several women presented their role within SAP to encourage other females (pupils) to start a career in technology. That was really great! The year before I have also written a post about it. Maybe this is of interest for you!

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

@snisgigsn this is truly great. I live in NSQ and nothing makes me happier than to hear about school age kids being interested in STEM (sometimes in the form of playing Roblox!) Do you ever look at or take Coursera courses? Top Sap Courses - Learn Sap Online | Coursera

Also, please meet SAP Champion @johna69 who has done a ton with students around tech! 

Looking forward to seeing you more in the community!

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

@StephanieMarley @johna69 thank you for the teaching pathways for kids.  I will most likely be making books on SAP available for schools, colleges, and those interested in jumping into SAP from professions including substitute teachers and teachers.  As books are SAP-only content, can I sell the books I create through book channels such as SAP store and Amazon without infringement on copyrights etc?

@snisgigsn I am not sure but let us do some checking for you. SAP Press is one publisher. I've reached out to SAP Procurement to find out what options they may recommend. I can get back to you once I have information. Thank you again for your community spirit.

@StephanieMarley  Thank you Stephanie.  I prefer joining SAP as an employee where I can get trained on SAP products and services.  

mazhar74258
Explorer

I am from India

andremir23
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi,

I am Andrea, I from Ecuador but currently studying in Mannheim, Germany. 😊

akshay1992
Advisor
Advisor

Hello everybody!

I am from India. I grew up in Bangalore, in the south, where I spent most of my life. For seven years after uni, I worked as a professional writer and digital media journalist, before deciding to make a career switch. That brought me to Barcelona for my Master's degree in 2020. Life since then has been nothing short of a dream. A dream that I got the chance to continue living when I joined SAP in Feb last year, a month before my graduation.

It's a pleasure to connect with all of you. Can't wait to discover all that this community has to offer. Looking forward to exchanging many great ideas, fun conversations and plenty of learning!

@akshay1992 it is great to meet you! Will be great to see you share your experience in life sciences and SAP here in the community!

Thank you, @StephanieMarley! Excited to learn from you too.

Narasimha
Active Contributor

I am located in Milwaukee - Wisconsin, USA. I love writing blogs, answering questions, being keen on new certifications, and organizing SAP SIT events.

@Narasimha thank you for being a GREAT SAP Champion and helping others in SAP Community!

For those reading this who are not familiar with the SAP Champion program:

SAP Champions are top contributors to the SAP Community serving as distinguished leaders and upholding community ideals and spirit. Through their insights and expertise, SAP Champions are dedicated to helping members maximize their SAP community experience. SAP Champions are collaborative by nature with a passion to share, educate, and influence.

martinkoch
Active Participant

Hi Laura,

i am from Austria.

Kind regards

Martin 

@martinkoch welcome to the Group. Looking forward to learning from you in the community.

thanks a lot. after switching S-Users i have to do the onbaording again.

this was my old profile:
https://people.sap.com/martin.koch5

Kind regards

Martin 

Hi @martinkoch - please check out Craig Cmehil's blog post as well on merging accounts and SAP Universal ID.
It's good to have you here in groups as well. Feel free to take part in discussions here in the Welcome Corner or over in the Coffee Corner. You might want to start a discussion of your own as well and if you'd like to upload a profile photo or avatar - you can read how to here.

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

SaraKazmi
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Laura,

I am from SAP Germany, Walldorf Office.

Best regards,
Sara 

@SaraKazmi 

Welcome Sara to SAP Community Groups! Which topics are you most interested in?

Just out of interest, some of the colleagues from Walldorf and other locations took part in #GlobalRunningDay this week - maybe you'd like to read about it here if you haven't already - great photos too!!

Poorva_Sonawane
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am from Pune

uttarathiagaraj
Explorer

Hi I am Uttara from the US

nadine_huelsen1
Participant

Hello everyone, 

I am from Germany and have been living in beautiful Heidelberg since more than 20 years now. Heidelberg is a historic university city with a population of about 160,000. The city is popular with tourists from all over the world, because of its old castle above the river Neckar and its old town with the longest pedestrian zone in Europe. Originally I come from Karlsruhe, a city about 100 km south of Frankfurt. This city is also the headquarters of my new employer DSC Software AG.

suket3
Explorer

Hi,

fellow Members,

This is Suket Sachdeva from New Delhi, India.

Toshiki
Associate
Associate

Hi everyone, 

I am from Tokyo, Japan.

Thanks!

Toshiki

rudyleo
Explorer

Hi Everyone,

I am from Indonesia and eager to join and share with the SAP community.

Chihaya
Associate
Associate

I'm from Japan

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

When you are from Tokyo @Chihaya I would like to recommend to join the Tokyo Group - Great opportunity to connect with local community peers!

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

xiaosanyu
Participant

Welcome everyone! 
I am an ABAP developer from China.
Join us for Global Running Day in June!

DavidLobato
Explorer

Hi everyone!

I am from Málaga, Spain. It is an honor to belong to this magnificent group of the SAP community.

Best regards.

@DavidLobato  it is so great to meet you in the Community. I work at SAP on the SAP Community team. We look forward to engaging with you on your areas of expertise and topics of interest. Please meet SAP Champion @david_ruizb from Barcelona, Spain. I'm not sure if you already know each other.

Paulo_Pinto
Participant

Portugal!

@Paulo_Pinto  your country is beautiful. May I ask your SAP focus? I work in SAP Community and we are so happy to see you in the Community Groups! Thanks.

I'm PP certified but my current focus is EHSM and Product Compliance!

@Paulo_Pinto great to know. May I ask, is it for this area? All Questions in SAP S/4HANA for product compliance | SAP Community Thanks for more insight.