Welcome Corner Discussions
Join the Welcome Corner discussion, where newcomers and community veterans are encouraged to introduce themselves, learn about others, and build their networks.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Community - Where are you from?

lauraschmitz
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

SAP Community keeps growing and growing and I am super excited for this Welcome Corner as it gives the chance for not only new members but everyone to get to know one another and connect with each other.

As my colleague @Katherine_K gives an overall introduction to the Group and what you can expect from it in her blog post, I’d like to take the opportunity to start a discussion about the different locations represented in our global SAP Community. I am interested to read where you are located and where SAP Community is spread around the world.

I am from Germany and currently living in Wiesbaden, which is the capital of one of the sixteen German states located in the west. After years of studies and living in different places, my hometown has caught me again with its charm and the closeness to friends and family has won me over.

But now I am curious, where are you tuning in from?

5,172 REPLIES 5,172

Hi @Vinod_G , welcome to SAP Community! Where are you joining us from? 😊

Hi, I am JanMoritz

Hello @JanMoritz welcome and great to have you. Please check the What's New Area and prepare yourself for the upcoming migration. Check also all interests groups to find the one where you are an expert in.

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

@JanMoritz hi, its great to meet you in SAP Community!

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

Hi, I am shirish. I'll be writing SAP blogs.

Great to have you here @shirishsuman - please let us know when you have written your next one! Did you know about our What's New board? There you can subscribe (under the Options menu) and hear all about what's going on and what's new in SAP Community!

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

Hi Katherine, Sure. I'll let you know. I'm planning to write blog on some features of service with advanced execution process.

I'll check the What's new board. Thanks for sharing.

Hi

I am Hongsub Shin from CX Services Japan.

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

Welcome @Hongsub great you find your way to SAP Community! Check our interest groups to find the one which is closest to your expertise!

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

Hi, I am from Kosice, Slovakia.

Hi, I am Rahul Masrani from SAP Premium Hub - Center of Expertise Technology India team. I am from Mumbai, India and am excited to contribute in different areas and connect with fellow members of the community.

Great to have you here @RMasrani!! You're definitely in the right place for connecting with fellow members. Be sure to take part in discussions that interest you, or start one of your own!

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

Hello everyone! I'm Kelvin, currently based in a country also known as the little red dot - Singapore. I specialized in the Quote-to-Cash, sometimes extending a little bit more to Lead-to-Cash. Hoping to interact with other community members.

Cheers, Kelvin.

Hello @kelvinye - thanks for stopping by in the Welcome Corner! Yes, feel free to interact with other community members in any of our open groups! Browse and see which ones interest you and then click on "Join Group" to receive notifications and become a member.

Hi I am Felix from Germany and i would like to write some blogs about SAC topics.

Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

@FxGk - Welcome Fleix! That's great, look forward to reading your next one. We have a couple of German location groups if you'd like to browse. Please feel free to join any of our open groups that interest you!

Hola!

I am Karan. Here to share content and learn about Digital Supply Chain.

0 Kudos

Hello @karanrikke welcome to SAP Community. We are very much looking forward to consuming your content. In the meanwhile, you might want to check the Interest Groups here to find a suitable one for you!

Hello All 🙂

im from Germany and working in SAP Walldorf

0 Kudos

Hello @MarcelBusu nice to meet you and glad you are now part of SAP Community. As we are very close to the migration, you might want to subscribe to What's New to stay up-to-date. 😉

hello everyone,

I'm rana form Yemen.

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

Welcome @rana23 

To start in SAP Community, I would like to recommend to review the Interest groups and find those, which are of interest for you. Don't forget to join the groups, so that you get notifications once there are updates in the groups.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor

Good morning - I am joining you from Fairfax, Virginia, just outside Washington DC.  I live just outside the bustling Washington DC beltway.  It's super busy, traffic-wise and people-wise here but it is a beautiful area.  I am very fortunate to live close to 2 large airports, Washington Dulles and Ronald Reagan airport.  I am very fortunate too to walk to work, grocery store, drug store, hair salon - you name it.  Very unexpected in such a busy area.

I am originally from Kansas, just outside Kansas City, Missouri, which is well known for its excellent barbecue.  Kansas has far less traffic than Northern Virginia, so at times I miss it, and I miss my family who still live in Kansas City.

Plus now my home town of Kansas City is a FIFA 2026 host city - https://www.kansan.com/sports/kansas-city-named-as-a-host-city-for-2026-fifa-world-cup/article_f530a... - never thought I'd see the day 🙂 

Constance_K
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi all! I´m from Germany too. At the moment I´m living in Heidelberg 😊 @lenastodal & @lauraschmitz  Mannheim and Wiesbaden are lovely cities! I really like them both 🙌

Hi! Living in "HD-town" Heidelberg too! 🙂 It's famous for its old city center and castle and a real tourist attraction. Once finally constructed, it's quarter Bahnstadt is planned to be the world's biggest* housing estate for passive houses. So this town is definitely worth a visit! 

*Source: https://www.wiwo.de/technologie/green/heidelberger-bahnstadt-groesste-passivhaussiedlung-der-welt-en... 

SelinaGargiullo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi, our group SAP Women in Tech - SAP Community Groups might be interesting to you. We'd love to welcome you to our community 😊

SelinaGargiullo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Constance, our group SAP Women in Tech - SAP Community Groups might be interesting to you. We'd love to welcome you to our community 😊

craigcmehil
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hard to claim a single place but I did go to High School and College in Florida and I live in Germany 🙂

Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Welcome to all our new members!
I'm tuning in from Galway, a county in the west of Ireland.
I've lived in every province of Ireland at some point, Ulster, Munster, Leinster and for the longest time here in Connacht. My local village has a wonderful community spirit, a bit like here!! I am within walking distance to shops, restaurants, pubs.

Looking forward to interacting with more members here!

SelinaGargiullo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Katherine, our group SAP Women in Tech - SAP Community Groups might be interesting to you. We'd love to welcome you to our community 😊

matt
Active Contributor

I'm British, from Barnsley in South Yorkshire, in England, which means my native accent is quite distinctive. As I spent many years in the South of England, I can also speak with a Home Counties accent.

20 years ago, my family and I moved to (near) Basel in Switzerland. I tend now to speak Home Counties English as well - so that the none-native-English speakers can understand me! We're currently waiting for the Federal government to process our Swiss citizenship application. All other steps are complete and approved, so maybe, just maybe, by then end of this year I'll be Swiss.

Basel and its surroundings are quite cosmopolitan. There's a wide range of nationalities here - 1 in 5 is a foreigner. 

@Former Member great to meet you. That is so interesting! It looks nice from the pictures!

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Great to see so many different countries here and welcome from my side as well! 😍
I am also from Germany, living in a small city close to Mannheim. But originally, I am from Bremerhaven, North Germany, but I am in this region already for a long long time 😅 ... if you want to get to know more about me, read my "blog it forward blog post😊

Looking forward to welcoming more people in this group!

former_member10765
Discoverer

Hello everyone,

Iam from Sao Paulo - Brazil, however I am currently living in Lisbon - Portugal.

Bruno Canuto

BaerbelWinkler
Active Contributor

Hi Everybody!

I've lived all my life in Baden-Württemberg, the federal state in south-west Germany. I was born in Friedrichshafen at Lake Constance (famous for the Zeppelin manufacturing a long time ago), moved to Marbach am Neckar (where Friedrich Schiller was born) in the early 1970s with my parents and have been living in Fellbach just outside Stuttgart since late 1988 with my husband.

Cheers

Bärbel

Hi Bärbel thanks for sharing! Our group SAP Women in Tech - SAP Community Groups might be interesting to you. We'd love to welcome you to our community 😊

@BaerbelWinkler you area sounds lovely😀

former_member27
Community Manager
Community Manager

I live in Israel I grew up in the north near the sea moved to the center for the university and nowadays I live in Modiin which is located in the middle between Jerusalem and Tel Aviv. The city is relatively new and hence constantly evolving and growing constantly expanding what it has to offer culture and services.

The advantage of being in the middle is we are close to the sea on one hand and to the mountains of Jerusalem  on the other but not too close....

Regards,
Dedi Metser

LauraPD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Everyone! 

I am from Germany, the beautiful and small area of Saarland, close to the french/luxembourg border. If you want to explore some nice hiking routes, cross culture food and wine this is not a bad place to go 😉