Additional Blogs by Members
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
Back in 2003 (at least I think it was 2003) I attended a very helpful SAP Insider conference on reporting with my previous employer.  b8fddc9004e246c393c39f7b5e1b3b13 presented about SAP Query, a tool I still use today.

Back then, the presentations were available on a CD and they were so valuable.  Fast forward 20 years, and some things about SAP Insider haven't changed:

1. High quality content on the slides - SAP Insider reviews all slides, and ensures they are top quality

2. The snack breaks provide awesome food

3. High quality presentations

In 2005 or 2006, I attended a SAP Finance SAP Insider conference and there I attended nathan.genez session on SAP Asset Accounting.  He would ask the audience questions to keep us on our toes.  I was amazed I could answer one of his questions.

So this past week it was great to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of SAP Insider in Las Vegas at the Bellagio.

When I checked in, the front desk said "we'll give you a room with the fountain view, at no extra charge, because after all, you are a speaker".

I didn't appreciate it until this:

Bellagio Fountains, Las Vegas, NV

The first day, prior to pre-conference day, SAP's ingo.hilgefort and I checked out his room to set up for the preconference:

So Ingo presented 2 sessions on SAP DataSphere the first day:

The morning session was full, and afternoon session was about 80% full.

The next day it was a full house for SAP Analytics Cloud Beginner hands-on:

It was great to see everyone in person again and special thanks to Ingo for allowing me to help.  katryn.cheng also assisted and it was great catching up with her.

A special shout-out to Riz Ahmed, SAP Insider, who has worked for them a long time.  When I first saw him this week he said "the gang's all back together".  What a great sentiment.  Happy Anniversary to SAP Insider and hope to see at least 20 more years of great, outstanding events and content.
3 Comments
Katryn_Cheng
Advisor
Advisor
It was fun doing workshops with you and Ingo this week at SAPInsider. Fantastic to see all the people learning SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Datasphere! See you at the next conference!
DanielleLarocca
Active Participant

Thanks for the mention, I remember those early days fondly.  20 years!  🙂

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
This reminds me about SAP TechEd Las Vegas in 2018! I miss these carpets  🙂
Thanks for sharing tammy.powlas3 and wonderful that you had a great experience again.

Best, Svea