cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
volkerdrees
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

When you set up Workflow Decision Management in Alloy you may want to verify your core configuration prior to run any Business Workflow. This can be done by exposing the default Verification Workflow to Alloy, in order to see if the round trip functions properly.

It's also advisable to keep that Workflow configured in Alloy, as it enables you to quickly run this round trip test later on when e.g. an end-user reports a workflow problem.

The default Verification Workflow (WS30100051) comes with every ERP installation, and is also used by the Automatic Workflow Customizing (Transaction SWU3). It has a single decision step with two outcomes and therefore perfectly fits into an easy and ready-to-run example.

The configuration steps that are necessary to expose this Workflow to Alloy are very similar to what I've already documented in my previous blog: How to expose a Decision Workflow to Alloy. In order to expose the Verification Workflow to Alloy, again the following steps are necessary:

• Perform Workflow Pattern Customizing in the R/3 Backend
  • Create Workflow Application Entry on the Domino Server
  • Perform Role assignment to the new Workflow Application

Perform Workflow Pattern Customizing

Call Transaction simgh and select the IMG Structure "Information Worker Implementation Guide". Expand node Workflow Pattern Customization, and execute Workflow Pattern Customization.

Create a new Application entry:

Navigate to the node Workflow, and create one entry for the outbound handling, and one for the inbound handling. You need to specify the Workflow ID WS30100051 for the Verification Workflow, as well as the function module S_OSP_WF_PAT_DEFAULT_CH_OB for the default outbound processing and S_OSP_WF_PAT_DEFAULT_CH_IB for the default inbound processing: 

Select any of the two entries and navigate to subnode Tasks. Create a new record with the following values:

Now navigate to the subnode Action. Create default Actions by pressing the button Copy actions from Workflow Management. After that activate all records with Object Type = Task. Other Object Types are not considered in Alloy 1.0 and can be deleted.

Depending on the current service pack it's possible that duplicate Actions have been added. They also have to be deleted (or deactivated). Please see OSS Note 1320976 for further details.

As a result you have 32 entries with the following values:

In

Out

Role Type

Action

Object Type

Object ID

Active

C

APPROVER

Create

Task

Bound

X

E

C

APPROVER

Create

Task

Bound

X

E

T

APPROVER

Create

Task

Bound

X

S

R

APPROVER

Unbind

Task

Bound

X

S

R

APPROVER

Create

Task

Notification

X

R

D

APPROVER

Update

Task

Bound

X

E

R

APPROVER

Unbind

Task

Bound

X

E

R

APPROVER

Create

Task

Bound

X

C

D

APPROVER

Create

Task

Bound

X

C

U

APPROVER

Create

Task

Bound

X

C

R

APPROVER

Create

Task

Bound

X

U

D

APPROVER

Update

Task

Bound

X

U

R

APPROVER

Unbind

Task

Bound

X

U

R

APPROVER

Create

Task

Bound

X

U

T

APPROVER

Create

Task

Bound

X

R

D

APPROVER

Unbind

Task

Bound

X

R

D

APPROVER

Create

Task

Bound

X

R

U

APPROVER

Unbind

Task

Bound

X

R

U

APPROVER

Create

Task

Bound

X

R

T

APPROVER

Create

Task

Bound

X

T

U

APPROVER

Update

Task

Bound

X

T

R

APPROVER

Create

Task

Bound

X

S

U

APPROVER

Update

Task

Bound

X

S

T

APPROVER

Create

Task

Bound

X

S

D

APPROVER

Update

Task

Bound

X

E

U

APPROVER

Update

Task

Bound

X

I

D

APPROVER

Update

Task

Bound

X

M

R

APPROVER

Create

Task

Bound

X

M

R

APPROVER

Create

Task

Notification

X

M

U

APPROVER

Update

Task

Bound

X

U

M

APPROVER

Create

Task

Bound

X

R

M

APPROVER

Create

Task

Bound

X

Create Workflow Application Entry on the Domino Server

Open the NDERP Web Service Application on your Domino Server, and navigate to Applications. Press the New Application button to create a new entry (you need to have appropriate administration rights to perform this action - otherwise the create button is not available). Select Customized Decisions from the Application dropdown. Enter VERIFY into the Application key field. The Application Name will be the visible name on the Notes client. Enter e.g. "Verification Workflow".

Bound Item Type needs to be the same value that you defined for the Groupware Bound Item Type before in the ERP Customizing (in our case VerificationWorkflow.ApproverTask. And finally the Form name needs to be (ERPApprovalWorkflow)

Press Save & Close and wait until you get the "The application was saved successfully." popup.

Perform Role assignment to the new Workflow Application

This part is currently optional, as new workitems will already be sent to the client. That's why we can skip it here (see my How to expose a Decision Workflow to Alloy about how to perform this if you want to get rid of the yellow triangle in the Alloy Admin UI).

Finally we can use Transaction SWU3 and press button F5 to trigger a new instance of the Verification Workflow. The recipient of the work item is the initiator - so make sure to perform this action with the same user.

As a result you receive the new item into your Notes inbox:

That's it.

5 Comments
MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Volker,

nice blog.

When i try it and receive the workflow task in my inbox and open it, i am getting a popup which says: "Cannot locate Form: (ERPApprovalWorkflow)"

regards,
Markus
volkerdrees
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Markus,
it tries to locate the form in your mail file (e.g. ...\mail\markus.nsf). Can you please check if the Alloy design elements have been added into your mail file? You can check this by opening your mail file with the Domino Designer. There should be e.g. 20+ forms that start with the prefix "(ERP".

If the design elements are not present, please merge them into your mail files as described in the IBM documentation (see "Updating the master mail template").

Regards, Volker
MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hello Volker,

thx for the reply. All the Alloy design elements are part of the mail file. When i open the mail file with the Designer i do see the (ERPxxx)-Forms. Even the standard scenarios (Travel, Report etc) do work! Its just that i have a problem with custom defined decision workflows. For them i always get the mentioned popup 😞

regards,
Markus
MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
.. I just had an idea and this one brought the solution. Our Notes landscape incl. the IBM Alloy Addon is english only. No other language packs installed. To start the custom workflow i always logged on to the backend using the default logon language, which is german in our case. So every started workflow was in german language. This time i logged on using english as the language and it worked! So there seems to be a problem in cases when you receive a worklfow task in a language where no language-corresponding ERPxxx Forms are available. Ahh well, its alyways good to talk to someone.... 🙂 Thx

regards,
Markus
volkerdrees
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Markus,
thanks for the info. Unfortunately changing the backend language should not have an influence on the form selection. To separate languages we provide language specific NDERPmail templates which you merge into your language specific master mail templates. Afaik there is no form selection step based on the incoming language. Furthermore each workflow application has a single form assigned, and a form name has to be unique. But on the other hand I'm not a Notes/Domino expert – so it’s maybe worth to raise this in an IBM forum…?
Best Regards, Volker