Additional Blogs by SAP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member

Cast your vote for the best SAP HANA and SAP HANA Cloud application from SAP #appdev partners

SAP launched the SAP PartnerEdge for Application Development Challenge for SAP HANA and SAP HANA Cloud to seek out the most innovative applications from our ecosystem that would deliver the highest value to our customers' businesses and showcase the best use of SAP’s market-leading SAP HANA and SAP HANA Cloud Platform.

The SAP HANA and SAP HANA Cloud challenge was launched back in March. During this 6 month timeframe, we have received numerous exciting submissions that have all been published on the SAP Store. SAP has identified the top applications – each one developed by an SAP partner in the SAP PartnerEdge program for Application Development.

SAP is now looking for YOUR vote to help us identify the one Winner and four Finalists. Voting is now live and runs through October 19, 2014.

How can you vote?

SAP is excited to announce that this year we are crowd-voting using SAP Idea Place allowing anyone to participate. SAP Idea Place voting page requires an SCN login, you may need to log in or register first

Great news! Show off that you voted by unlocking a new SCN Badge by taking part in our SCN mission. Simply earn +4 points and secure our App Challenge Badge. By:

1. Bookmark this blog
  2. Vote on Idea Place for your favorite SAP HANA and SAP HANA Cloud partner app
  3. Receive +4 points and the App Challenge Voting Badge

Once the voting period concludes on October 19th, SAP will evaluate all votes to ensure fairness to all participants prior to announcing the Winner and Finalists. This includes the right to exclude votes from:

• e-mail addresses from the participating partner companies
  • e-mail addresses from any private email accounts
  • e-mail addresses generated from known temporary email account tools

The one Winner and four Finalists will be recognized and receive an award during Cloud and Big Data Expo in Santa Clara, California on November 4th.  If you are interested in attending the award session or scheduling a meeting with SAP, click here to learn more.

The hashtag for social media is: #SAPAppsChallenge

28 Comments
clemens_suter-crazzolara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The hashtag for social media is: #SAPAppsChallenge

clemens_suter-crazzolara
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I bookmarked this document and voted in Cloud Applications Challenge.

Nothing happened. Do I have to do something else?

Br,

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same here

rohit3611
Contributor
0 Kudos

Same here

clemens_suter-crazzolara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mario, you do not need to do anything else. Once the voting is completed, we will count the people that have done both steps, and you will receive the badge. You will need to have a bit of patience 😉

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patience activated. :smile:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, for you to earn the 4 points and the badge you need to vote on the Idea Page site. I then will take those who vote and send to the SCN contact and she will award those. So it may take 1-2 days. :smile: Thank you for your patience.

former_member181999
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

It as great opportinity go thru many ideas over there. They are very innovative and make sence. Thank you.

former_member182997
Contributor
0 Kudos

Same here

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, for you to earn the 4 points and the badge you need to vote on the Idea Page site. I then will take those who vote and send to the SCN contact and she will award those. So it may take 1-2 days. :smile: Thank you for your patience.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Points received. :smile:

clemens_suter-crazzolara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As everybody can see from the commments: the badge and points do really work 🙂

*** So make sure to vote; voting closes on Sunday October 19 !***

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have voted but i didn't get 4 points :???:

Former Member
0 Kudos

richard.gray

I have responded directly to you, but also wanted to post here:

Richard -

I can only apologize, I was alerted to your comment and request for disqualification from the SAP Cloud Challenge on http://scn.sap.com/community/best-built-applications/blog/2014/10/13/now-live-2014-sap-hana-and-sap-...

As a small startup of 6 that has only been in the SAP ecosystem for 8 months and therefore have quite a small reach, and given voters need to have an SCN ID and a general understanding of what the challenge was, we thought other fellow partners in the SAP Store who also had a certified solution would understand the value of the opportunity and would be interested in and willing to support us in this competition.

Given the extreme measures of your direct note to the SAP team, your blog post, your posting of my cell phone number and your request for our disqualification you obviously see it otherwise and therefore I apologize again for the unrequested email.

I assure you it was not spam, I did not buy a list as you had mentioned in your complaint email but instead I acquired your email directly in the SAP Partner website targeted to people I assumed had been in our position once, and you can rest assured you have not been joined to any list or similar.

Your details (email/phone) are listed here: http://global.sap.com/community/ebook/2013_09_adpd/enEN/search.html#search=PlusTechnologies&recordid=3925

If you would be so kind as to remove my cell phone from your complaint post it would be appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish, please see Alison's reply to this issue above (and copied here). "Alison Nardello Oct 14, 2014 3:04 PM Yes, for you to earn the 4 points and the badge you need to vote on the Idea Page site. I then will take those who vote and send to the SCN contact and she will award those. So it may take 1-2 days.  Thank you for your patience."

richard_gray
Explorer
0 Kudos

Don't have time for a full comment but I have removed your cell# and yes, it is spam.   To SAP, I submit this contest is flawed.  One would hope that a challenge would produce a winner whose product is in some way the best.  But this contest seems to be about who can gather the most votes.   Are people voting because they have any idea what the contestants products do, how good they are or just to get points?   Makes the whole thing rather pointless in my opinion.

clemens_suter-crazzolara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Richard, I appreciate your comments, and we have considered this in the run-up for this challenge. SAP as a whole has extensive, multi-year experience with crowdvoting, both for defining our product portfolio (through ideaplace) as well as contests such as these, with internal/external audiences. From our experience, the bulk of voters take this task very seriously, and many actually invest considerable time into evaluating the applications. To stimulate the voting (overall; not for certain applications) voters can earn "points and badges"; we introduced this as a gamification aspect.

As we can witness, some contest submitters may invest more time in generating votes then others, but that also reveals something about the "seriousness" of the submitters - which will then, to a small extend, also weigh into the final decision.

Another consideration: the usage of juries has its challenges too, as the experts sometimes vote in completely contradictory ways. If you then take the average score, an average application would win. This just to illustrate that no method is optimal.

Crowdvoting is a new approach to engage more with the "silent audience" out there (e.g. compared to relying on a jury of a few experts); and already during the voting period more people look at the applications than in any other selection process that I know. That is already a (small) reward for all participants.

This new method  takes getting used to; but if you look at day-to-day live, it seems to be a trend that is unstoppable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this is a great initiative. Each of them are distinct in their respective domains. Its the day and age of Apps and Mobility. Hope such initiatives change the way companies typically look at ERP.

juliusku
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

The crowd sourcing model is perfect for this type of competition. Whilst all of us are looking for the individual "win" the greater benefit is the expanded knowledge, understanding and awareness of the platform and the solutions on it.

This competition provided a forum for everyone's circle of influence to come together and view each others applications and understand the potential as developers of building on the SAP platform and for customers to consider buying existing solutions.

Whether they get 4 points, a badge or a free kitten; someone coming to the page and learning about this is great for all of us.

Yes. We would like to win (so please vote for EnterpriseJungle!!), but I personally am delighted with the conversations this has started, the leads it has generated and the new relationships I had an excuse to make.

In the end, a win for the platform is a win for all the solutions on it.

Great job clemens.suter-crazzolara & team.

former_member1716
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi alison.nardello,

I have both bookmarked and voted two days before, but yet to get the badge and points. Please do the needful :smile: .

Thanks and Regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I have notified my SCN colleague to award you the badge. Please be patient as this is a manual process. You should be awarded today. Thank you for your participation in the voting challenge! :smile:

former_member1716
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi alison.nardello,

Thanks for the guidance, I have received my badge :smile:

Regards,

Satish

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

To: alison.nardello

Hi Alison, I don't want to be impatient, but I don't have my badge either: Are you still processing?
Sorry to bother you.

Best wishes,

Julie R Plummer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I contacted my colleague at SCN. It seems you may not have booked the blog that was required.

Please read below and follow the instructions. Please let  me know once you have bookmarked and I will let my colleague know. Thank you!

I tried to upload and she still doesn’t have the badge. It looks like she’s 50% complete (see the 3rd page on her reputation >
missions tab: http://scn.sap.com/reputation.jspa?username=julie.plummer&viewID=missions😞

So I think she just needs to go back and bookmark your blog:

http://scn.sap.com/community/best-built-applications/blog/2014/10/13/now-live-2014-sap-hana-and-sap-...

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI Alison, Yes, you're right - I forgot to bookmark it :-/. Thanks for that.  Julie

0 Kudos

Hi alison.nardello,

I have both bookmarked and voted two days before, But not yet to the point and batch. Please note that this is a must. :smile:

Regards,

Tapas