Application Development Blog Posts
Learn and share on deeper, cross technology development topics such as integration and connectivity, automation, cloud extensibility, developing at scale, and security.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matthias_becker
Employee
Employee
The first service release of Eclipse Oxygen (called Oxygen.1) is available since a couple of day via the well know download page https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/eclipse-packages/

In this release aneclipse bug has been fixed so that the properties view is now correctly styled in dark when using the dark theme. Another small improvement for all of the ADT users that love to work in the dark theme.

Before:

After:
8 Comments
Peter_Inotai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thanks for the update.

Unfortunately certain things look strange with the default Dark Theme. Eg ABAP WebDynpro View editor Context Tab 😞

Peter
matthias_becker
Employee
Employee
Dear Peater,

yes the support for the dark theme in ADT is quite basic at the moment. There's still a lot of stuff to do.

Regards,
Matthias
ChristianGünter
Contributor
Peter_Inotai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Dear Matthias,

Thanks for the info.

Best regards,

Peter
Peter_Inotai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Unfortunately I installed it in one of an earlier version of Eclipse, and after that I could not start my Eclipse anymore, had to reinstall it in the end ?

joachimrees1
Active Contributor

Installed it today, as Eclipse reminded me that there are new versions available.

It was very easy, just a few clicks, a little waiting time and restarting Eclipse – so now I’m from Eclipse 4.7.0, Adt 2.80.1 on Eclipse 4.7.1, AdT 2.83.0

best

Joachim

matthias_becker
Employee
Employee

Pls. note that this is not an “official” Eclipse plugin (meaning: it’s not provided by the Eclipse Foundation). In addition it’s closed source. Contributing to the official Eclipse Dark Theme would be much more the "Eclipse Style" of doing it.

Attila
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Hello Matthias,

are there plans to improve the BOPF part in the upcoming months ?

Thank you

Attila