Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Eclipse: Failed to create the part's control error

dmckl
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have recently installed Eclipse (Version 2019-03, 4.11.0) along with ADT and connected to our development system. Iam able to view packages and development objects, I am even able to create a new class but there are a lot of things I cannot do without receiving the error message "Failed to create the part's controls" (For example: Run a test as ABAP application, creating dicitionary objects such as data elements, structures, tables etc. and probably some other things)

Am I missing some kind of JAVA update perhabs?

thomasfiedler are you able to help?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

marcobuescher
Active Contributor

Hello Sabine,

have you activate the SICF Nodes? (See Link)

Have you set up the Firewall ports? (See link)

Have you got the Role "SAP_BC_DWB_ABAPDEVELOPER" for user developer or SAP_All?

https://blogs.sap.com/2019/03/26/sap-abap-development-tools-how-to-install/

0 Kudos

I would have to check that with the responsible persons within our company. Thanks for the comment.

I might have an idea however that is much simpler and could be the reason for the error message:

I don't have an installation of SAP GUI (Logon) on my notebook yet. Does ADT for Eclipse require an installation of SAP GUI in order to work?

marcobuescher
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don´t think so, because you set up the connection in Eclipse itselfs.

(But you can install a GUI to see that the Firewall Ports really works.)

Regards

Marco

0 Kudos

Installing SAP GUI on my notebook actually fixed the problem. Everything seems to be working just fine now.

marcobuescher
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, cool...

Than, can you please close the question.