Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADOBE FORMs in PDFA-1 Format

Reshug
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have developed Invoice Forms using Adobe in SAP S4/Hana. On excuting Transaction VF03, I can see the Invoice using Print Preview.

Now there is requirement to have this PDF in PDFA-1 format . For that , as per help.sap i have set the output paramater PDFNOMS as 'PDF/A-1' in get_output_params module program.

after setting this parameter , Form is not being display. Message displayed: Form is generated

I debugged it and found the follwoing error :

Processing
exception during a "Render" operation.<br>Request
start time: Thu Aug 31 10:50:32 CEST 2023<br>com.adobe.ProcessingException:
com.adobe.ProcessingException: com.adobe.ads.exception.TransientException: A
problem was encountered with the results: Exception:
IDL:com/adobe/document/xmlform/RenderException:1.0<br>Reason:
20511 : Requested font 'Frutiger Neue LT Pro Light'  was not found and font substitution is not
allowed for PDF/A.<br> <br>Exception
Stack Trace:<br>com.adobe.ProcessingException:
com.adobe.ProcessingException: com.adobe.ads.exception.TransientException: A
problem was encountered with the results: Exception:
IDL:com/adobe/document/xmlform/RenderException:1.0<br><strong>Reason:
20511 : Requested font</strong> <strong>'Frutiger Neue LT Pro Light' was not found
and font substitution is not allowed for PDF/A.<br></strong>at
com.adobe.ads.request.ADSRequest.process(ADSRequest.java:216)<br>at
com.adobe.AdobeDocumentServicesEJB.processRequest (AdobeDocumentServicesEJB.java:280)<br>at
com.adobe.AdobeDocumentServicesEJB.rpData(AdobeDocumentServicesEJB.java:203)

I have installed the font in ADS as per follwoing OSS Notes.

• 1565508 - How to embed font on ADS server
  • 1815722 - How to embed specific font on PDF output

To test : I created a simple Adobe Form , with two lines of text using font (Frutiger Neue LT Pro Light) and this time it works.

I found the error quite confusing. If problem is with the font then simpel text Form should have not worked. On the other side if problem is in the Form then after commenting PDFA-1 option it should have not displayed..

It has something to do with PDFA-1 but where and what should i look, i have no clue .

I am here threfore looking forward for your valuable inout /guidance. May be anyone of you have face the same / similar issue and can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Reshu

0 REPLIES 0