Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADT debugger internal table: Filter / Sorting "not supported by System ". What is required to work?

thalesvb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the requirements for a system to ADT debugger allow sorting/true filtering internal tables inspected on debugger? Whatever column I click to sort I get message "Sorting not support by system <SID>" displayed near filter input.

Filter also won't work as expected, it just highlights matched entries. Message "Filter not supported by system <SID> also appears next to filter input.

I didn't find any matrix of ADT features available by backend components version (this really should be a limitation? Can't be implemented in a broad way/downported?)

System:

SAP_BASIS 740 SP28

Kernel 754 PL 100

4 REPLIES 4

BiberM
Active Participant

The available functionality in ADT depends on your backend version (SAP_BASIS version). I am not sure when this feature started working but on 750 it is still not available. So some S/4HANA release is needed.

Generally please have a look at the feature matrix provided by thomasfiedler : https://blogs.sap.com/2013/06/05/adt-feature-availability-matrix-for-as-abap-releases/

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

(S/4HANA or any other ABAP-based software, only SAP_BASIS version is important)

matt
Active Contributor

@ sandra.rossi Exactly. Else we couldn't use ADT with a BW/4HANA!

Armin_Beil
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello Thales,

the sort & filter feature was released in the year 2017 (= SAP_BASIS 7.52). It cannot be downported to SAP_BASIS versions below 7.52.

Best regards,
Armin

Edit: Existing work arounds are
- either use the SAP GUI Debugger
- or use the ADT export function (disk symbol on the top right of the itab view) and then open the exported file with a third party tool like Excel