Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADT ILogonListener

detrapto
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi together,

I am looking for a way to get notified within an Eclipse plugin once a connection to a Backend system has been established.

Inside the ADT SDK documentation, I found an Interface "com.sap.adt.destinations.logon.notification.ILogonListener", which sounds pretty close to what I need. The problem I have is, that I can't find a place to register such a listener to.

It's not a problem to check wether a connection is established or to trigger the connection establishment, but I want to be informed, once this happens from external (e.g. when pressing F5 for reloading sources after restarting the IDE).

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance for any answers...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member186216
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

the registration works by declaration via extension point com.sap.adt.destinations.logonListeners:

<extension

point="com.sap.adt.destinations.logonListeners">

<listener

class="com.company.package.MyLogonListener">

</listener>

</extension>

where MyLogonListener implements the ILogonListener interface.

Best regards,

Marco

2 REPLIES 2

former_member186216
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

the registration works by declaration via extension point com.sap.adt.destinations.logonListeners:

<extension

point="com.sap.adt.destinations.logonListeners">

<listener

class="com.company.package.MyLogonListener">

</listener>

</extension>

where MyLogonListener implements the ILogonListener interface.

Best regards,

Marco

0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

thanks a lot, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Is there any documentation you know that from, that I haven't heard/read of yet?

Thanks again,

Tobi