Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After SPAU in BADI: Runtime Behavior: The implementation will not be called

yogesh_pathak
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Madam / Sir,

Greetings.

SAP Support Package Upgrade has taken place in development client.

SPDD and SPAU activities has been completed, the request for which has been transported to the subsequent system (i.e. Quality Client).

Current Environment in Development Client is:

ECC 6.0, SP-0020

Basis Release 7.00, SP-0025

Oracle 11.00g

ISSUE:

There is one BADI having Definition Name WORKORDER_UPDATE is also having one Z implementation.

In SPAU we have done RESET TO ORIGINAL for the above mentioned BADI. One Z implementation is retained ON RESET which please note.

In Development Client when I have compared all the Implementations one by one; I have found that; IN SOME IMPLEMENTATION; at header, along with Implementation Name, Implementation Short Text, and Definition name THERE ARE TWO EXTRA LINES DISPLAYED:

(1) Runtime Behavior: The implementation will not be called

(2) Switch Framework: The implementation is switched off by switch <Switch Name>

Above two lines are not displayed in Production Client.

What it means?

What should be the next action?

Please advise me.

With warm regards,

Yogesh

4 REPLIES 4

krishnendu_laha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I believe that these messages are only for already implemented (by SAP) of that BADI...

The switch is part of enhancement framework and it is a control mechanism, which is to activate or deactivate implementation for specific SAP product \ functionality...

other expert please also correct me \ update message

Note: - there should not be any action required from your side.

Thanks

Krish

0 Kudos

Dear Krish,

Many thanks for your prompt and correct reply.

With warm regards,

Yogesh

vijaymanikandan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

RTO is fine after upgrade. Also run SPAU_ENH transaction and see if you have unadjusted objects in this transaction also.

After you have completed the upgrade try to activate your custom implementation again if the status shows 'The implementation will not be called'. If this is the status then the code will not be called in run time.

Also this BADI is migrated to enhancement point WORKORDER_UPDATE. Kindly check that also and you can create an enh implementation also .

Regards

Vijay V

0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

Thank you for reply and elaborating more.

I have gone through transaction SPAU_ENH and found all Custom implementations are having status 'The implementation will be called'.

Also checked enhancement point WORKORDER_UPDATE and found Switch Position of one Z Enhancement Implementation is Blank(Space) and not Off.

Once again thanks you Krish and Vijay.

Closig this thread.

Edited by: Yogesh Pathak on Feb 18, 2012 9:30 AM