Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

choose radio button, and add it field

this is selection screen

If I choose the radiobutton, i want it to be added to the food field.

Like, If i choose 'pizza' and execute, only domino's and pizzahut will appear.

Please Help me, dear

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member1716
Active Contributor

Hello jorie,

Its a Straight forward requirement, If my understanding is right you are expecting your report to display based on the radio Button you have selected. Recommend you to follow below Approach:

--> Declare the Radio Buttons, you can refer the BLOG only for reference.

--> To validate the selected Radio Button it is recommended to use CASE statements instead of IF ELSE statements.

--> Later based on the Radio Button You have to trigger the respective Select Statement, below I have given a Pseudo code for reference still there are many other ways to arrive at the solution.

1) Declare a Local Variable which if of type TABLE-FOOD field.

2) Now based on the radio button selected you can populate the Local Variable accordingly.

For Eg: If Radio Button 1 is Selected then Local Variable = Chicken

If Radio Button 2 is Selected then Local Variable = Hamburger

If Radio Button 3 is Selected then Local Variable = Pizza

3) Define a Single Select Statement where you will feed the Where condition with the local variable.

Select * from Table

where food = Local_Variable.

4) Finally Display the Values fetched using traditional Factory method.

For Sample programs there are plenty of resources available in net, recommend you to first try out with the available examples and come back to us for specific issues. This Will let us help you with solution specific Answers.

Start Coding first and reach out to us for issues, above details should definitely get you going.

All the Best!

Regards!

4 REPLIES 4

former_member1716
Active Contributor

Hello jorie,

Its a Straight forward requirement, If my understanding is right you are expecting your report to display based on the radio Button you have selected. Recommend you to follow below Approach:

--> Declare the Radio Buttons, you can refer the BLOG only for reference.

--> To validate the selected Radio Button it is recommended to use CASE statements instead of IF ELSE statements.

--> Later based on the Radio Button You have to trigger the respective Select Statement, below I have given a Pseudo code for reference still there are many other ways to arrive at the solution.

1) Declare a Local Variable which if of type TABLE-FOOD field.

2) Now based on the radio button selected you can populate the Local Variable accordingly.

For Eg: If Radio Button 1 is Selected then Local Variable = Chicken

If Radio Button 2 is Selected then Local Variable = Hamburger

If Radio Button 3 is Selected then Local Variable = Pizza

3) Define a Single Select Statement where you will feed the Where condition with the local variable.

Select * from Table

where food = Local_Variable.

4) Finally Display the Values fetched using traditional Factory method.

For Sample programs there are plenty of resources available in net, recommend you to first try out with the available examples and come back to us for specific issues. This Will let us help you with solution specific Answers.

Start Coding first and reach out to us for issues, above details should definitely get you going.

All the Best!

Regards!

Thank you so much!

you are my savior

FredericGirod
Active Contributor

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Filtering a list based on a column value is easy but you need to explain how you build the list in "Delivery service" and we'll help you.