Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cl_demo_output is not displaying text.

Hismayilov
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there anyway to make cl_demo_output work as expected?

Program runs directly from eclipse.

9 REPLIES 9

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead of a screen shot - or as well - why not use the code button in the question editor so we can simply and easily copy your code and test it ourselves.

e.g.

DATA lv_str TYPE string.
lv_str = ....

Also, what are these red arrows supposed to represent?

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is probably an installation/compatibility problem, so please indicate the versions of all concerned software (Eclipse, ADT, ...) You may also contact the SAP Support.

Hismayilov
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear matthew.billingham You are absolutely right, but I really tired of errors.

More than 7 years I am using eclipse, generally on MAC OS,(As you know there is no proper IDE for MAC to do ABAP ).

Every single version is buggy, many issues. We are not talking about ATD version 0.9 we are talking ADT 3.36.2

Version:

Eclipse IDE for Enterprise Java and Web Developers (includes Incubating components)
Version: 2023-09 (4.29.0)
Build id: 20230907-1323

ADT 3.36.2

Arrows are where text supposed to be displayed.

If SAP has tested before releasing?(I have doubts for that) they may do some fundamental tests.

and if the testers in SAP forgot where these texts are supposed to be displayed, I am trying to help them to understand where the text is supposed to be.

Hismayilov
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear sandra.rossi,
I hade created one ticket about https://answers.sap.com/questions/13118963/pop-up-shows-full-screen-on-eclipse.html?childToView=1395...

And they suggested that have to test without any non-SAP plagin installed.

I use "Darkest Dark Theme".

And SAP asks me not to use plagin, but plagins are the why eclipse is eclipse.

To say that we our ADT is not capable of working in harmony with other plagins is not solution, it is just finding small walls to hide behind it.

"Darkest Dark Theme" is the one of most used theme tool among eclipse ecosystem.

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Already ask SAP team about Darkest Dark Theme issues, it is not officialy supported

matt
Active Contributor

You are absolutely right, but I really tired of errors.

Personally, I blame your problems on Apple. come to the dark side... Windows is calling... 😉

And SAP asks me not to use plagin, but plagins are the why eclipse is eclipse.

Plugins. They're called plugins. Because you plug them in. 😉 No one who writes plug-ins (and I do) is obligated to make sure they work with all other plug-ins. Why not rail against the Darkest Dark Theme developer because it doesn't support ADT?

Anyway (again) , back to your problem. If you don't use Darkest Dark Theme, does it work fine? If not, talk to DevStyle. Maybe they've a solution for you. They may be more reactive than SAP.

... and one more thing. I'm very happy with the standard Dark Theme provided by standard Eclipse. Isn't that available in Mac?

FredericGirod
Active Contributor

one more flaw to correct Matthew ... switch to Mac

Come to the light

Hismayilov
Participant
0 Kudos

matthew.billingham I asked SAP to test themselves with the clean install. if it works then I will test myself.

Darkest Dark Theme is free, but SAP is not. why free ones be more reactive than paid ones?

I have doubts that SAP is not testing ADT in MAC before releasing.

Also if ADT is not capable of working in harmony with other plagins, then SAP may encapsulate ADT with eclipse platform, and can give a standalone ABAP IDE based on Eclipse. ( https://github.com/dbeaver/dbeaver is doing that, they have a standalone installation )

P.S. In general, MAC OS X is more stable than Windows.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Matthew question: "what are these red arrows supposed to represent?"

Huseyn answer: "I really tired of errors"

sorry, could not refrain myself to notice...