Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to a clients development server

mcgunarathna2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you pls tell me how a third party abap programmer log on to his clients development server or abap workbench in HANA? Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

JurgenLootens
Participant

There could be 3 elements to your question:

- connectivity

- toolset

- access rights

Which one is an issue?

mcgunarathna2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @jurgen.lootens13

I'm new to this. It is great If I can have a brief idea of all the 3 areas.

Thanks in advance! 🙂

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

HANA is a database software, so there's no ABAP Workbench.

ABAP Workbench is part of ABAP-based software, including R/3, ECC, S/4HANA (means S/4 on HANA database).

To connect to ABAP Workbench, you must install SAP GUI (whatever it's "for Windows", "for Java" or "for HTML"), configure the connection data to the ABAP-based system, log in with the credentials given by the company, and run transaction code SE80.

Of course, a modern ABAP developer uses Eclipse with the ADT plugin.

0 Kudos

I'm interested to be a freelance developer. Now I'm learning ABAP on SAP ADT which is cloud based.

I'm curious how a SAP ADT based developer should connect to the SAP system of a client to develop, what they need. I'm completely new for this. Pls bare with me. Thanks! 🙂

0 Kudos

If you have a precise question, I'd be happy to answer. Most of freelance developers started by working for a company, whatever it's IT, service or other kind of company.