Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete/activate Inactive Objects - DYNP, REPS, DDLS

masna_7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there,

these are the inactive objects in my system and I want to delete/activate them. I have tried to delete through many ways, SE38, SE80 etc., for every Tcode it is giving some error. Majorly, the interesting thing here is when I try to find them from the respective Tcodes, it is giving error as 'Object not found'. How do I find them and delete/activate them, your help will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look for the objects to see if they are on unreleased transports, using SE03. If they are, you can delete them manually from the transports then you won't see them any more.

9 REPLIES 9

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The 'LIMU' are sub-objects (dynpro, methods, etc.) of a main object (class, function group, program, etc.)

• Identify main object yourself when it's easy, else use FM such as GET_R3TR_OBJECT_FROM_LIMU_OBJ to fin object or TR_CHECK_TYPE to find object type
  • Try to activate the main object

Some object are not in the Abap Workbench, and you will be required to use their own tool.

0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

I executed that function module for the first inactive object.

It returned the above parameters,

but when I checked that function group "YASHU" through SE37, it shows that 'Function Group YASHU does not exist'. How do I find and delete it. ? Please help !

0 Kudos

Update : I listed out the inactive objects in the system, under FUNCTION GROUPS, i can see the group with the name "YASHU". I tried to delete it from here as well, but after clicking delete, it still says "Function group YASHU does not exist".

attaching the screenshot for your reference

0 Kudos
  • Try to activate before deletion
  • Use SE03 for "ghosts" lost in unreleased transport request and remove those from the TR

thilakan_t
Participant
0 Kudos

Try below options

1. Use 'Inactive Objects' option in SE80 (Repository browser) to list down all inactive objects of the user.

2. If you don't want them, check if it is exists in table DWACTIV and delete it.

0 Kudos

Hi Thilakan,

Table "DWACTIV" does not exist

this is the error message I am getting from SE11

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Some error" is not an error message I recongise. What are the exact errors (other than "Object not found").

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look for the objects to see if they are on unreleased transports, using SE03. If they are, you can delete them manually from the transports then you won't see them any more.

thilakan_t
Participant
0 Kudos

The correct table name is DWINACTIV.

Try to activate it in SE80 and then delete.