Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dump select data from E071K

former_member810309
Participant
0 Kudos

hi all,

i have a dump when i use this SELECT, if you can help plz to write the correct request.

my request is :

SELECT * 
FROM E071K 
INTO TABLE LT_E071K
WHERE mastertype IN objet_typ
AND   mastername IN name_obj
AND   tabkey     IN name2_obj.

CHECK SY-SUBRC = 0.

SELECT trkorr
INTO TABLE gt_trkorr
FROM E070
 FOR ALL ENTRIES IN lt_e071K
WHERE trkorr = gt_e071k-trkorr
AND   strkorr = space.

CHECK SY-SUBRC = 0.

LOOP AT gt_trkorr INTO DATA(ls_trkorr).
    CLEAR ls_range_ot.
          ls_range_ot-sign    = 'I'.
          ls_range_ot-option  = 'EQ'.
          ls_range_ot-low     = ls_trkorr.
ENDLOOP.

Remain disposal if necessary.

15 REPLIES 15

vijay_hariharan
Contributor

Hello Phill,

Additional details would be required to understand your exact concern. Is this a 'TIME_OUT' dump OR type mismatch OR is it something else? Screen-shots of the error would help if thats possible from your system.. Once these details are added, you should attract appropriate responses... Also please add these details in the question itself..

Regards,
Vijay

former_member810309
Participant
0 Kudos

vijay.hariharan thanks for ur comment, i added a photo of the dump.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

Please search TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED in the Web. If you don't understand the answers, please tell us what you don't understand.

renato_martins
Participant

Usually the TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED error is related to lack of memory on the SAP server, used for allocation in the select content (in this case, internal table)

renato_martins
Participant

Usually the TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED error is related to lack of memory on the SAP server, used for allocation in the select content (in this case, internal table)

0 Kudos

Yes thank you that's what they told me in the other comments but I don't know how to solve it.

0 Kudos

I was looking at your code.... in the first select, you are using the LT_E071K structure and in the second doing a FOR ALL ENTRIES using the GT_E071K, that is a different structure. If GT_E071K is empty, FOR ALL ENTIRES will force get the entire contents of table E070, which should generate the overflow you are getting.

Check that the structures are correct.

0 Kudos

MY CODE IS IN THIS LINK, i didn't find the problem yet, i added the "PACKAGE SIZE 500".

https://github.com/Arezki-kaki/programme_OT_ABAP/tree/main

plz help.

0 Kudos

Hi chkoupi

I checked your code and I have two questions:

1 - why endselect checked?

2 - the dump occurs in the select of the table e071k or in the e070?

0 Kudos

sorry for my late answer, i was sick.

i wrote ENDSELECT because the problem send an error, when i add PACKAGE....the program wait an ENDSELECT.

i think the dump is occured in the second selection (e070).

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It means that you must load the minimum of data in memory. How many lines do you have? Do you need all these lines? Do you need all columns? If it still fails, then you can work by packages so that to process only few lines at a time (SELECT ... PACKAGE SIZE ..., FETCH ... PACKAGE SIZE ..., among other things)

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Start your program and put a break point just before this SELECT statement.

In the debugger, take a tab with a free area or suppress one area.

Add --> Memory management --> Memory analysis (free translation from french)

Check the memory of your program before this statement.

Because, this statement create a dump, but the memory could be overloaded before this statement. With this tool you could see what object is taking a lot of memory.

(Avoid SELECT *)

former_member810309
Participant
0 Kudos

I did, but the program keeps running nonstop so I can't see the object that's taking up more space, but I think it's the lt_e071K table.
plz if u have some minutes to look at my program in this link https://github.com/Arezki-kaki/programme_OT_ABAP/tree/main
thanks

0 Kudos

Please use the button COMMENT if it's just about to provide information or reply to someone. The button ANSWER is only for providing the solutions, as you can see the text from SAP when you answer "Please provide a distinct answer and use the comment option for clarifying purposes".

NB: you may attach your code directly in a link in SAP Community, so that the question is self-contained.

NB: look at the space just before SELECT, look at the number of rows which will be selected (via Data Browser or whatever). Do you need all these lines? Do you need all columns? If it still fails, then you can work by packages so that to process only few lines at a time (SELECT ... PACKAGE SIZE ..., FETCH ... PACKAGE SIZE ..., among other things)

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • You could JOIN both tables to reduce data loaded into memory as whole select crriteria would be checked (so you wont read data from request and task in E071K, 1/2)
  • Also only select required fields and/or force some select-options as obligatory, you could even add a UP TO n ROWS option to the SELECT statement