Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynpro button with function type "H" (Help)

juraj14
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

How to handle dynpro button click with assigned function type "H" (Help).?

I have dynpro screen with several input fields, some of them are defined as "required". Next to one of these inputfields i created this button. Now what i want is when i fill this input field and click on the button, some code is executed and others inputfields are prefilled with values.

I used function type "H" because the function code of button cant trigger PAI (because of required inputfields). Documentation for this function type is not very clear, its says to use ON HELP REQUEST module but i cant use POH because for that i need input-/outputfield (and i have button).

Thx in advance

3 REPLIES 3

xiswanto
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Isn't ON HELP REQUEST only triggered while F1 button is pressed when the cursor is on certain field? I've did a quick try to code on the POH and it seems that even if you could change the value in the coding, it will soon revert back to the original value before changes.

Not sure about the function type 'H', but in your case, can't you do with setting the auto filled value as recommended instead of required, and do the mandatory field check on the PAI MODULE ... ON INPUT or somewhere else?

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

'Now what i want is when i fill this input field and click on the button, some code is executed and others inputfields are prefilled with values.'

So actually you want to trigger a PAI/PBO cycle and not display an help. Your solution shouldn't work. IMHO you should

• remove the obligatory flag on the fields, and check they are not initial in your PAI logic,
  • Use a classic function code, handled in the PAI logic before the checks for mandatory field

0 Kudos

Of course that is solution, but i wanted to use "standard" as much as posible, so using required inputfields ( less programming ) etc. and than working around that with "Z programming" . Also i was kinda curious what "function type H" even do and how to implement it.