Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eclipse ADT keeps hanging (when editing stored procedures)

paul_thompson5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Since installing the latest version of Eclipse, ADT and HANA tools, I am editing a stored procedure. But Eclipse keeps hanging and not responding after I type a line of code. Any suggestions please?

9 REPLIES 9

Berinath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi paul.thompson5,

Please reinstall Eclipse. If, after reinstalling the eclipse, you are still facing the same issue, check to see if the JDK and JRE versions are up-to-date or not, and if there is an update, install it.

Below is the link to find all the details about the installation and overview of Eclipse.

ABAP in Eclipse.pdf (hservers.org)

I hope you understand,

If it helps, please accept this answer.

Regards,

Berinath Ulisi.

paul_thompson5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for you reply. I have installed the versions as directed on SAP Development Tools (ondemand.com)

What i have noticed is it is just when editing stored procedures it hangs, ABAP development is fine.

If anyone else has any advice.

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos

Hi,

we have the same problem with Eclipse 2022-09 and also with Hana Studio 2.3.70 , in editing Stored procedures , filter and calculate column in a calculation. We have this always when we do a copy/paste of coding , but also when selecting columns in a filter or calculate columns (but here no always) . In a very old versions when don't have it.

I hope so this could been solved .

PS: the only way is to create the stored procedure in Elclipse and then do a "check ou"t and edit it on local PC repo with notepad++

0 Kudos

Thank you for letting me know it is not only I who have the problem. Yes I have found editing the local file in the workspace directory on the PC is the only way to get stored procedures as a work around.

SivaKalai
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I do have a similar problem in Eclipse 2022-09.. I have only problem during copy paste in the HANA procedure now.

matthias_becker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

What do you mean with "editing a stored procedure". What editor do you use? Can you provide a screenshot?

0 Kudos

Hi Matthias

I am using the standard editor which eclipse offers when you edit a HANA stored procedure within the SAP provided addins

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

this issue will be fixed with ADT version 3.34, which is planned at the beginning of May.

As a workaround up to this point, it would help to install ADT and HANA Studio in two separate IDEs.

Kind regards,

Laura

0 Kudos

Thank you Laura.