Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI_DC40 Segment missing in PEXR2002 (for PAYEXT message type) Outbound idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have read through a lot of posts regarding these idoc basic types and all but none came close to what I'm having right now.

The bank's requirement is to have this segment explicitly in the generated idoc in F110 (PEXR2002).

EDI_DC40     <----

TABNAM     10     Always EDI_DC40

CREDAT      8      Creation date

CRETIM       6      Creation Time

So we created a Z basic type, copying the standard segments of PEXR2002 and adding the custom

segment (ZEDI_DC40). The custom idoc has been released, the partner profile settings for PAYEXT

outbound has been changed to the enhanced idoc (ZPEXR2002 <-- contains the new segment and

other standard segments of PEXR2002).

This is an outbound idoc, so we have to manually populate the custom segment we made.

I came across the user exit EXIT_SAPLIEDP_902, and this was the only exit being triggered.

According to help.sap.com, this FM is called up immediately before the data of an intermediate document is written.

The problem is, our custom segment (ZEDI_DC40) is not showing up in the list of segments

being passed on to the FM (I think only populated segments are being passed here).

Are there any way to do this one? Anywhere I could include the custom segment in the idoc being generated?

PS: For the generated idoc, ZPEXR2002 is indicated as the basic type, so I really don't know why the custom

segment cannot be seen during run time.

Thanks ahead!

Cliff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have solved this on my own.

For those who will encounter the same issue, all you need to do

is populate the custom segment in the user exit EXIT_SAPLIEDP_902,

create it manually then append the segment to the EDIDD_TABLE.

MAKE SURE YOUR RELEASE SEGMENT NUMBER IN THE PARTNER PROFILE WE20 IS THE SAME

WITH THE RELEASE NUMBER OF YOUR SEGMENT.  In my case it was 731.

Cheers!

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have solved this on my own.

For those who will encounter the same issue, all you need to do

is populate the custom segment in the user exit EXIT_SAPLIEDP_902,

create it manually then append the segment to the EDIDD_TABLE.

MAKE SURE YOUR RELEASE SEGMENT NUMBER IN THE PARTNER PROFILE WE20 IS THE SAME

WITH THE RELEASE NUMBER OF YOUR SEGMENT.  In my case it was 731.

Cheers!

Kishore4
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi I have similar issue i extended PEXR2002 and put  a break point in exit : EXIT_SAPLIEDP_902 ( i created CMOD  & Acitivated )  and i was trying to run the program  :RFFOAVIS_FPAYM  passing all require parameters such as run date file id ( from bnk_moni tcode for the cross payment  medium run )   payment method and  House Bank  . But still break point doesnt trigger . Could you help on this please ASAP ?