Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPS2_GET_DIRECTORY_LISTING on UNICODE system

juraj14
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello, i am using FM EPS2_GET_DIRECTORY_LISTING to get files from linked directory. Problem is that after converting system to UNICODE, files that have in name some "special characters" (special characters for slovak language for expample ó, č, š...) are listed in the export parameter of that FM, but fields NAME, SIZE, MTIM, OWNER are empty and RC = 0018 . This is caused 100% because of UNICODE, i tested this on NON-UNICODE system and its working fine. Any idea how to fix this ? Thanks is advance.

5 REPLIES 5

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should not use this function module, SAP doesn't release it and will not support you. OSS note 83020

juraj14
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sorry but i dont understand, what do you mean ?

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should not use any of the standard function module provided by SAP. You have to check if the FM is release or not. SAP does not support ALL the function module.

check the OSS note 3221036 or 83020

juraj14
Explorer
0 Kudos

Now i understand... but what are my options ? i found possible alternative FM RZL_READ_DIR_LOCAL and its unreleased too... i am ok to use unreleased FM if it meets my requirements and i dont have any other option. I know SAP cant provide official support but maybe others, who use this FM and have same problem, can.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't use this unpublished FM anymore as SAP wont adapt it for you (not for free)

Did you consider executing some external command to get a similar result.