Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in installation of ABAP Development tools for SAP Netweaver in Eclipse

amit_singh20
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am trying to install ABAP Development tools for SAP Netweaver in Eclipse  and getting below error.

"Installing Software" has encountered a problem.

An error occurred while uninstalling

session context was:(profile=hdbstudio, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Uninstall, operand=[R]com.sap.ide.support.feature_root.win32.win32.x86_64 1.13.3 --> null, action=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives.actions.CleanupzipAction).

Backup of file C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\hdbstudio\collectSupportInformation.bat failed.

File that was copied to backup could not be deleted: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\hdbstudio\collectSupportInformation.bat

https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/luna :- I am using this path in Install new software option of HANA Studio.

Also, tried the mars one as per the document SAP Development Tools for Eclipse.

But, same error occurs.

Kindly help in fixing this issue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member201346
Active Participant

Hi Amit,

did you try out to install the HANA Studio into a folder other than "C:\Program Files" (e.g.: C:\SAP\hdbstudio)? In general Eclipse is able to handle a read only install area (multi-user installs). But it's worth to try out a location where administrator permission is not required.

One more thing: The error message is about an issue "while uninstalling". What exactly have you done? Just installing new tools should not result in such an error message.

Regards, Felix

14 REPLIES 14

former_member201346
Active Participant

Hi Amit,

did you try out to install the HANA Studio into a folder other than "C:\Program Files" (e.g.: C:\SAP\hdbstudio)? In general Eclipse is able to handle a read only install area (multi-user installs). But it's worth to try out a location where administrator permission is not required.

One more thing: The error message is about an issue "while uninstalling". What exactly have you done? Just installing new tools should not result in such an error message.

Regards, Felix

0 Kudos

Hi Felix,

Installation in different folder resolved the issue. It seemed to be an authorization issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Amit Kumar,

I am getting a same error while trying to install ABAP tools to my Eclipse MARS version. Could you please let me know the workaround to get rid of this error.

Thanks,

Santosh Kumar J

0 Kudos

Thanks to Fellix,

The suggestion to install in a separate folder (ex: C:\SAP\hdbstudio) and it worked like a charm.

I used this link to install all the required libraries.. https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/neon

0 Kudos

.../neon hosts an old version of the tools. I strongly recommend to get the latest HANA Studio and install the missing tools from https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/2019-03 (.../2019-06 would be even better, but currently HANA Studio is based on Eclipse 2019-03).

I hope this is not too late to reply. If you right click on SAP HANA Studio application and Run As Administrator and then proceed with everything else it should go fine.

Hope this is helpful for anyone else seeking the solution.

0 Kudos

Abhishek Hi,

Not sure I understand your instruction. Are we not talking about an error whilst installing the ABAP developer toolset into Eclipse? Where does the SAP HANA Studio application get involved? Maybe I missed something so any help welcome.

Cheers,

Ross

0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

this solved my problem, thanks!

Angelos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Felix,

I am also having same issue, could you please let me know how to install in other folder.

Thanks&Regards,

Suresh

0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

the HANA Studio installer offers the option to change the location the HANA Studio will be installed into. Just chose a folder outside C:\Program Files. Alternatively you can download an Eclipse package (e.g. for Java Development (based on Mars SR2)), extract it somewhere (again: not under C:\Program Files) and install the HANA Studio components from https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/

Regards, Felix

0 Kudos

Hi Felix,

Thanks for the quick response.

Now I am able to install the tools.

Regards,

Suresh

0 Kudos

Not sure if it is too late to reply, But as Abhishek said, You do not need to install to any other location, but when you open eclipse or Hana Studio, open in administrative mode.

0 Kudos

Running Eclipse or HANA Studio from a location your user has write access to, should not require to run the IDE in admin mode. If you still need the authorization of an administrator to run the software, the location the IDE is stored in, is still not the best one. Personally I would always try to find a way to run software as "normal" user.

Regards, Felix

wagener-mark
Contributor
0 Kudos

Had the same issue...My Eclipse I installed to C:\Program Files\Eclipse\java-2019-09\...

"An error occurred while uninstalling session context was:(profile=C__Program Files_Eclipse_java-2019-09_eclipse, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Uninstall, operand=[R]com.sap.ide.support.feature_root.win32.win32.x86_64 1.14.1 --> null, action=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives.actions.CleanupzipAction)."

Whenever there is an update I start Eclipse as Admin in order to update it, then everything works perfectly fine!