Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error logging into SAP GUI

vlcek_gabriel71
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am greeted with the following error message when trying to log on my test server:

My networking setup is as follows:

Server:

SUSE hosts:

Port forwarding in VB:

I also added the required info into win hosts file.

I am at a loss. Any help is greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vlcek_gabriel71
Explorer
0 Kudos

I solved the issue at last by installing linux & SAP server on VMware, instead of virtualbox.

It has simpler networking and requires no port forwarding between host and guest.

Hope this helps anyone facing problems.

Thank you all for willingnes to help!

King regards,
G

8 REPLIES 8

kaus19d
Active Contributor

Hi,

You are trying with the loopback-ip of the local system. May I know if you are able to do a telnet for this host "vhcalnplci" to port "3200" Please try with the hostname of the installation. May I know what is the reason of having 2 ip-addresses to a single hostname. To which ip does the host "vhcalnplci" gets resolved? you can try this with using command "nslookup vhcalnplci"

Is the above issue occurring to this of your test server or all SAP installations, could you please check if you local system has the /etc/services below entry,

sapdp00 3200/tcp #SAP Server

Thanks,

Kaushik

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for suggestions, Kaushik.

nslookup yield these results:

gabrielvlcek@vhcalnplci:~> nslookup localhost
Server: 192.168.100.1
Address: 192.168.100.1#53

Name: localhost
Address: 127.0.0.1
Name: localhost
Address: ::1

gabrielvlcek@vhcalnplci:~> nslookup vhcalnplci Server: 192.168.100.1 Address: 192.168.100.1#53 **server can't find vhcalnplci: NXDOMAIN

I was not able to telnet to vhcalnplci.

I removed one of the IP addresses from hosts, the current are as follow (as is in the official guide):

gabrielvlcek@vhcalpnlci:~> ip a

127.0.0.1 localhost

# special IPv6 addresses ::1 localhost ipv6-localhost ipv6-loopback
fe00:0 ipv6-localnet

fe00:0 ipv6-mcastprefix fe02:1 ipv6-allnodes fe02:2 ipv6-allrouters fe02:3 ipv6-allhosts 10.0.2.15 vhcalnplci vhcalnplci.dummy.nodomain

Regarding SAP installations; I should only have this one, since it is a ABAP trial installation on my local machine.
In the list of services I found this under "sapdp00 3200":

sapdp00 3200/tcp        # SAP System Dispatcher Port

This is my first time working with Linux, so apologies for dumb questions.

Kind regards,
Gabriel

kaus19d
Active Contributor

Hi Gabriel Vlcek,

All of us were a 1st-timer at some point of our life, no big deal, its OK. Sorry that your pictures in last comment, I am not able to open, could you please upload as attachment or just copy the words in the pictures & paste it. In addition, I would like to know the output of command "ip a" & "ifconfig". Also could you confirm that during installation, you used the hostname as "vhcalnplci". Since you mentioned trial installation, was your installation was done with option "Local System" or using domain-name. Does the domain-name exist & are you able to reach the domain-controller from that server if the installation was done by using FQDN

Thanks,

Kaushik

0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

glad to hear 🙂 I edited my last comment with relevant attachments.

I changed the hostname right after setting up SUSE in virtualbox, haven't touched it since.

As per installation, I'm not sure I follow, networking is foreign to me so far. If by domain you mean the address of vhcalnplci, then no.
I don't recall an option asking about "Local System" or domain name, all it asked was accepting EULA.
I am able to "startsap" as su npladm, uuidd is up&running as well.

I followed the guide for newbies and I presumed it was setting up on local system only.

kaus19d
Active Contributor

Hi Gabriel Vlcek,

I do not see the output of "ip a" & "ifconfig". could you please do "hostname -f"

What i understand so far is that you probably forgot to set a loopback-interface for your system for able to ping 10.0.2.15. entering 10.0.2.15 in the /etc/hosts file is not enough. A small work-around worked for me when i was a beginner is that I connected the base system to internet through my dongle which gave me a additional IP in the base system & so the VitualBox in that system also got a additional IP following that & then i adjusted /etc/hosts & then I restarted my sap installation as you know the sap installation would take the local system environment at start. You can also remove that domain-name ".dummy.nodomain" in /etc/hosts if you have not done the installation using FQDN option

Thanks,

Kaushik

0 Kudos

Hey Kaushik,

thanks a lot for the suggestion. In my flat I do not have any ethernet ports available, yet.

Probably should have mentioned; I am working on a laptop using wifi adapter. Is it possible to configure the host network to "share the internet" with VM?

The command "hostname -f" was not recognized. I tried "hostnamectl" instead, attaching results below.

hostname.png

ifconfig.png

I am unable to upload "ip a" here so I tried imgur: https://imgur.com/a/be0pyl0

Kind regards,
G

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

1. From your VM to physical box network connectivity are fine?

2. After installed the SAP system then the host name has been changed?

Regards

SS

vlcek_gabriel71
Explorer
0 Kudos

I solved the issue at last by installing linux & SAP server on VMware, instead of virtualbox.

It has simpler networking and requires no port forwarding between host and guest.

Hope this helps anyone facing problems.

Thank you all for willingnes to help!

King regards,
G