Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "SNC Library not found" when connecting to ABAP System from ADT

veronika_wehrle
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed SAP HANA Studio (Version 64) and ADT Tools from update site https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/juno/. All worked more or less fine ...

When I try to connect to the backend system (via File->New->ABAP Project -> Select the System from the List generated by SAPGUI ...) I get the following error message:

Logon to system I7D failed (SNC Library not found; environment variable  "SNC_LIB_64" not defined, fallback location does not exist: "C:\Program  Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SecureLogin\lib\secgss.dll" )

I searched on my laptop ... there is no such file secgss.dll.

I can log on to the system with user + password (also from eclipse) but I would prefer using the SNC and SSO.

Does anybody know where my mistake is?

Kind regards,

Veronika

5 REPLIES 5

former_member186216
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Veronika,

SAP note 1764561 (ABAP Development Tools: SNC does not work in 64-bit mode) might be helpful for you!

Best regards,

Marco

nutan_kokane
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Veronika,

I am facing the similar issue; did you get any resolution for this issue?

Regards,

Nutan

0 Kudos

Hi Veronika,

I am also facing the same issue, is it resolved. Could you please help me

Thanks in advance,

MS

veronika_wehrle
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi ... the issue I described above dates back to 2013. With the current installations of ADT I didn't face any issues. I'm afraid, that I can not help here.

Sorry,

Veronika

Peter_Inotai
Active Contributor