Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while attaching debugger

stefan_schnell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello community,

from time to time I get the following error:

I see the post with the same content without an answer here. I see also the post with a solution here, but to delete the project is not really an option, because sometimes it doesn't work and I get the following error after creating a new project:

To reduce this error I check to log on the backend via connection type Custom Application Server, and not Group Selection, but without any difference.

Is there any way to analyze and to isolate the problem?

Thanks for tips and hints.

Cheers

Stefan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

christoph_stoeck
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

if you experience this issue from time to time only, it can have something to do with the limited resource of “debugging work processes”.

Please check the value of profile parameter “rdisp/wpdbug_max_no“ on the relevant application server (TA RZ11). It should be set to half the number of dialog work processes (i.e.: rdisp/wp_no_dia / 2).

If everything is OK with the profile parameter and you still experience the issue, please check the number of work processes busy with debugging in TA SM50, once you experience the issue. If you see approx. half the number of dialog work processes busy with debugging at that time, you should be thinking of increasing the number of work processes for the relevant  application server or at least increase the value of profile parameter “rdisp/wpdbug_max_no“ a bit.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Christoph

5 REPLIES 5

christoph_stoeck
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

if you experience this issue from time to time only, it can have something to do with the limited resource of “debugging work processes”.

Please check the value of profile parameter “rdisp/wpdbug_max_no“ on the relevant application server (TA RZ11). It should be set to half the number of dialog work processes (i.e.: rdisp/wp_no_dia / 2).

If everything is OK with the profile parameter and you still experience the issue, please check the number of work processes busy with debugging in TA SM50, once you experience the issue. If you see approx. half the number of dialog work processes busy with debugging at that time, you should be thinking of increasing the number of work processes for the relevant  application server or at least increase the value of profile parameter “rdisp/wpdbug_max_no“ a bit.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Christoph

0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

thank you very much for your reply.

That is a very good hint, because our rdisp/wpdbug_max_no is to small.

But if I exceed the number of maximal work processes in debug mode, I get the following message:

Now I will monitor the SM50 to find out if there is a relation between the open dialog processes in debugging mode and the error message. I will report later.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Stefan

Armin_Beil
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

you can have up to 4 active debug sessions per project in parallel. If you get the above message try to open the debug view (e.g. via switch to debug perspective) and check if there are still old debug sessions remaining. You can close them via the terminate button from the toolbar.

Depending on your NetWeaver release it may happen that old debug sessions remain if you close the tabs with embedded GUIs without explicitly terminating the debugged process or the debugger before closing the tab.

Best regards,

Armin

0 Kudos

Hello Armin,

thanks for the hint, I will watching at it.

Cheers

Stefan

0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

the error has not more occurred again, I think the changing of the parameter configuration solves the problem.

Thanks for the hint.

Cheers

Stefan