Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM: capture deleted entry to transport request

0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am finding a FM that can add deleted entries in Z-table to transport request. I found FM TR_APPEND_TO_COMM_OBJS_KEYS or TR_OBJECTS_INSERT, however, it uses to add newly entries to transport request. I checked table E071K but there is no signal to show that it is deleted entry in Z-table.

This can be done via SM30 but i am writing the report so I need a FM.

Could you please help me?

Thank you so much for reading.

2 REPLIES 2

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need to do anything else: if the entry doesn't exist at the time you release the transport request, then it's marked inside the generated file that the entry is to be deleted.

BiberM
Active Participant

@ Sandra.rossi is right.

The e071k-Entries specify a pattern of entries that should be synchronized to a target system. If you specify a complete table key then only that one is transported. Upon export all matching table entries are packed to the transport data file. Upon import all matching existing entries are deleted and only the ones from the data file are inserted.

So if you transport a table entry that does not exist at the time of export you will export no entry from that table. In target system you delete one and insert none which is a deletion.