Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fm to create a printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to create a new printer but don't want to use batch input on SPAD.

Any Idea about fm / bapi?

thanks

Werner

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I don't believe it: to create a new printer is a typical operation for your basis, so it seems not to make a sense to create a printer automatically by a program.

Max

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Debug SPAD from the point just before the printer is created, and see if there is a (or a few) function modules called that actually perform the action of creating the printer.

matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

can you create one more output device in same printer .

Former Member

Hi,

i thought this was a very simple question..

@ max : yes - i know. I am programming a tool for admins. So it makes perfectly sense

@ matt : i usually debug before i post a note at sdn

@ raju: what has that to do with my question?

In the meantime i found the fm RSPO_SXOMS_I_CREATE_PRINTER which i am going to try .

Pls don't wast your and my time with answers that don't help to solve the problem.

thanks

Werner

0 Kudos

Hello.

I already have a program for managing SAP-printers but the definition of new printers is currently executed by import of formatted .txt file via SPAD. My program fetches all printers from a given printserver and formats the file for import into SAP, in this way we can define 100 printers in seconds. However i would like to expand the functionality and make individual changes possible.

Can you please share your experience using the earlier mentioned FM and also provide a FM for fetching all attributes of an existing output device in the system ?

What i need to do is fetch one or all output devices from SAP, then do a cross-check on their attributes with those of selected printers on a set of printservers, and the result should be updated in SAP.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Best Regards Gerhard Andreassen.

0 Kudos

Hi, 

Were you able to create printer using RSPO_SXOMS_I_CREATE_PRINTER. I am also trying to do the same but I don't see a field for providing destination host in this FM. Can you please suggest how did you solved the creation of printer through program?

JimSpath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Deepak03 Could you create a new question instead of replying to a message from 2008?