Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get F1 Help Documents HTML into Internal Table

fidy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am considering how to use the ABAP programme to retrieve F1 Help documents in HTML in batches.

For example, I want to output all F1 Help documents for all items in table VBAK.

Is it possible to acquire the html code in an internal table for each table name and item name?

It would be nice if there was a function module to get the F1 help documents from the dictionary, which I have not found one yet.

I understand that DYN_FIELD_F1_HELP is valid to display on the dialogue screen, but this does not meet my requirement: to store it in an internal table.

Similar posts have been made in the past but have not received a valid answer.

https://answers.sap.com/questions/2328043/how-to-fetch-f1-help-documentation.html

I need to maintain a batch of F1 help documents and need to output a large number of them.

2 REPLIES 2

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor

Look (again) at the HELP_OBJECT_SHOW_FOR_FIELD FM, navigate (put a breakpoint) to a DOCU_GET_FOR_F1HELP FM call (as well as DOCU_OBJECT_NAME_CONCATENATE)

NB: But you will need to resolve the links in the documentation (e.g. <DS:GLOS.material>material</>.)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The question you mention was not about getting it specifically in HTML format (no valid answer because unclear question), at least your question is more clear.