Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does where used list in Eclipse works?

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What does Eclipse use in order to fetch a where used list so fast?
We need to create a report that creates a where used list for X number of objects (instead of one by one in Eclipse).
Currently we read the TRDIR/TFDIR tables and use READ REPORT in order to find matches. The downside is that it's far from efficient and very slow (even for 1 single object) compared to what Eclipse produces.
Are there other tables/methods that the one we use and make things go as smooth as in Eclipse, but than for multiple objects?

Many thanks in advance,

Eddy

10 REPLIES 10

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP used cross reference table to have directly the information, like VEPCROSSREF

make an SQL trace on where used list you will see witch one is used in your case.

Fred

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A SQL trace is indeed a good start. Any idea which class/method the where used of eclipse uses? It prevents me reverse engineering things.

0 Kudos

I'm not sure whether it still works... So old 🙂

0 Kudos

Please use the COMMENT button for comments, questions, adding details, etc., ANSWER is only to propose a solution, dixit SAP text at the right of the answer area: "Before answering You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem"

0 Kudos
Frederic Girod Can you convert your comment into an answer so that I can vote for it?

FredericGirod
Active Contributor

I discover the option 'Convert to answer' 🙂

@ sandra.rossi I have build a solution based on your code, it still works (I will try to do it in clean code & post it)

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor

Meanwhile I found out that WBCROSSGT and WBCROSSI hold some info, but not all that is displayed by the where used from Eclipse. ST05 doesn't show where the additional info is fetched from. I see querries with the values already filled in, but none where it gets its info from in the first place.

There is also the FM RS_EU_CROSSREF, which doesn't seem to work anymore.

0 Kudos

Also table CROSS

0 Kudos

hi. can i participate in ur coversation