Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel long running bgRFC units?

christian_swonke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is there any possibility to cancel long running bgRFC units?

In some cases created units are remaining in status "Unit is being executed" without doing anything. Later on they are running into error status. This could be after 1 hour or later...

I know the method cl_trfc_client_inbound=>if_bgrfc_client~run_failed_unit to restart units in error status. But as long they are remain in status "Unit is being executed" it is not working. Therefore I need any possibity to cancel such units.

We are talking about transactional units (inbound).

Regards

Christian

6 REPLIES 6

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Unlock is only working if the unit is already in error status. As long as it is in execution mode this is not possible. This is exactly the reason why I need a solution to stop the execution mode

Could you tell me more regarding parameter rdisp/bgrfc_watchdog_time?

What is this parameter doing in detail?

Regards

Christian

0 Kudos

This parameter defines how often the bgRfc schedule monitor is run. By reducing it, the system will check more frequently that these tasks are being executed correctly (default is 5 mn you can reduce to 60 sec)

What have you already done to find the cause(s) of these long delays (with/without the bgRFC monitor)

christian_swonke
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes. I can use the transaction.

But also there I have no possibility to cancel a running unit. I can delete it only...

Please use the COMMENT button for comments, asking for complements, adding details, replying to a comment or a proposed solution or to the OP question, etc., ANSWER is only to propose a solution, dixit SAP text at the right of the answer area.