Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fold all comments in abap program via AiE/ADT

Chad_He
Participant

Dear Experts,

I'm using adt to develop abap programs.

But I found that comments folding feature is not support in AiE or ADT.

This feature is supported in SE38 of SAP GUI for Windows perfectly.

Eclipse could folding all comments in Java or some else language, but not in abap.

Could anybody tell me how to achieve this target to toggle all comments folding by configuration or some plugins.

--------------Update 20230706---------------------

I've add an idea in sap influence, pls vote if you interest in it.

Folding all Comments

--------------Update 20230814---------------------

This request has passed the review and has been set to status Accepted, which means that it is included in the current development planning.

Thx influence team.

--------------Update 20231026---------------------

Good news! This feature was added to AiE on version 3.38.0 .

Thx influence team again.

Chad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

matt
Active Contributor

Code folding is language dependent in Eclipse. It's possible to develop a plugin for the Java editor for custom folding, but it appears there's no such option for ABAP.

Generally, the ADT plugin doesn't have extension points that can be exploited for our own plugin.

It might be possible to use the general text editor extension points - e.g. org.eclipse.ui.workbench.texteditor.codeMiningProviders

(An example is here: https://github.com/andau/abap-code-insight/blob/master/adt.codemining/plugin.xml )

5 REPLIES 5

matt
Active Contributor

Code folding is language dependent in Eclipse. It's possible to develop a plugin for the Java editor for custom folding, but it appears there's no such option for ABAP.

Generally, the ADT plugin doesn't have extension points that can be exploited for our own plugin.

It might be possible to use the general text editor extension points - e.g. org.eclipse.ui.workbench.texteditor.codeMiningProviders

(An example is here: https://github.com/andau/abap-code-insight/blob/master/adt.codemining/plugin.xml )

0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your professional answer.

Maybe developing a plugin would be the last choice to achieve the target.

And thank you your hint that ADT plugin not have extension point.

Chad_He
Participant

thomasfiedler
Hi Thomas,

I think "all comments folding" is a good feature, maybe it could be added to ADT in the future.

Sometimes a bulk of old code have to retain in the system for management, but it's difficult to maintain other useful code.

At this time, it's really need this feature.

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi,

we have a customer influence channel to request features for the ADT:

https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#campaign/2911

Regards,

Thomas.

Thank you for your information.

I've add an idea in influence.

Folding all Comments.