Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make "External ID" mandatory in VL31N (Create Inbound Delivery)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a requirement, Make "External ID" field mandatory in VL31N. Can anyone please provide the details?

If it can be done through Configuration(SPRO), Please provide me the step-by-step details.

If it can be done through Coding, please let me know how can we achieve this functionality?

Thanks in Advance for your inputs.

Regards,

Shyam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in a general manner, you may use screen variant and transaction variant to make any field mandatory (only if the screen is displayed of course).

BR

Sandra

10 REPLIES 10

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in a general manner, you may use screen variant and transaction variant to make any field mandatory (only if the screen is displayed of course).

BR

Sandra

0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

I am little confused, Do you want me to create variant in both Transaction, Screen Variants? Or else anyone of those 2 variants?

Thanks for information.

Regards,

Shyam

0 Kudos

Both are part of the same concept.

You must create a screen variant to make the field obligatory, and attach the screen variant to the screen, that can be done by defining a transaction variant.

Assigning the transaction variant to the transaction VL31N may be done either by defining it as so-called "standard" transaction variant, or by defining a variant group (for groups of users).

All this is in transaction SHD0.

If you are not familiar with the concept, I advise you to read the documentation -> http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/67/232037ebf1cc09e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

By the way, it may not match your requirement as I explained previously.

BR

Sandra

0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

If I create a screen / Transaction variant to VL31N, Will it ask me to create a custom transaction code?

Thank You.

Regards,

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

no, you can assign a custom transaction variant to a standard transaction code, and make it used by default (known as "standard variant", strange name by the way)

Sandra

0 Kudos

Thanks Sandara,

Issue has been resolved..

Regards,

Shyam

0 Kudos

Please check the comment from

alaeddine

"the specific std solution" for this is given few lines bellow

77and3
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

do you know, if it is possible to make t 'external ID' field in VL31n mandatory entry without a new transaction code?

Maybe there is some BADI that can be use before saving inbound delivery?

Regards,

77and3

former_member6064
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I found a customising point to do it.

Maintain view /SPE/INB_V_TVLK with sm30.

Double click on the prefered delivery type.

Flag Required entry field.

regards,

Alaeddine.

0 Kudos

Hi Alaedine,

thanks for this THE ONE ! Save some hours of research! 🙂

BR

Peter