Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move an Authorization Template laterally/cross-landscape

0 Kudos

I have need to take a self-created Authorization Template in the development system of landscape A (ECC), and move that Auth Template to the development systems of landscapes B (BW), C (SRM), and D (GW). And continue to do that as needed ongoingly, maintaining the same values in the same Auth Template across all of them.

While I acknowledge this is far from typical, I have appropriate reasons (which I could go into if anyone cares).

The only way I've ever seen a Auth Template get delivered is via a transport, and our Basis team is not thrilled with the idea of exporting an ECC transport and importing that into non-ECC systems (even though the objects therein would be universal to all of those systems).

But the bottom line here is the posed Question above ... By what method would one be able to best maintain this specific object across multiple NetWeaver-based landscapes? Anyone here ever done that?

Thanks!
Steve Quinn

4 REPLIES 4

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

What do you exactly mean with an "Authorization Template"? A PFCG role, or something else?

Jurjen

0 Kudos

Thanks for responding, Jurjen.

Auth Templates are "something else." They are the things we always see in PFCG when creating a new role from nothing, maintainable via SU24, and sometimes provided by SAP features or vendors, per the attached pic.

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor

Ah, those. Never really used them, certainly never created or edited one.

I had a quick look in SU24 but I cannot help you out here. Transporting looks like the only standard option.

Digging a bit deeper I get the impression there are only three tables involved: TPRVOR, TPRVORDAT, TPRVORT, also, in the transport the 'object type' is limited to SUSP so I see little harm in cross-system transporting as long as you make sure all objects in the template already exist in the target systems.

0 Kudos

I have to wonder what would actually happen if an auth object that doesn't exist in the destination is imported in the DAT table.